Position will manage the Lexington VelocityCare location and assist with the Raphine VelocityCare as needed. Position will be part of a dynamic management team. Weekends, holidays, evenings may be required. Call required with team. Site is open 7 days to support Carilion urgent care initiatives.
The Clinic Practice Manager I provides a positive, rewarding and service oriented work environment which supports high quality patient centered care, an exceedingly competent and engaged staff, and the achievement of fiscal, score card and process improvement goals and objectives. Monitors and implements new health care services and performance improvement initiatives. Reports to a Regional Practice Director. Manages the operations of physician practices. Experience in practice management or ambulatory site management desired. Position will support operational and business goals for a busy urgent care site. Manager is trained in and able to support all operational aspects of the clinic not requiring specific licensure. Demonstrated successful patient interaction experience desired. Customer service experience required. Clinical team building and support experience desired. Practice Manager will be part of the VelocityCare leadership team.
- Applies key financial concepts and analysis to decision making. Develops and implements actionable work plans with measurable outcome. Continually assesses and reallocates resources to meet demands.
- Responsible for overseeing day to day operations of a unit or department as it relates to scorecard goals and objectives. Organizes, manages, and controls departmental functions and resources in a collaborative and participative manner for optimal performance of service.
- Holds self and team accountable for maintaining the highest possible performance standards in order to serve customers (patients, employees, physicians, colleagues).
- Assures the effective and timely delivery of high quality patient-centered services. Recognizes and acts on opportunities for growth and improvement to advance goals of the organization. Utilizes project management principles to accomplish goals, seeks out appropriate resources, and proactively anticipates change within area of responsibility. Translates goals into department specific objectives and priorities
- Inspires enthusiasm and builds support for projects. Attracts, selects, develops, and retains qualified employees, and is effective in utilizing developmental planning to expand employee skills and abilities.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable regulatory, licensure and accrediting standards where applicable (The Joint Commission, CLIA, COLA, OSHA, AAAHC, etc).
Step up and lead with a regional leader. Advance your career with an award-winning organization that excels in helping our communities stay healthy and our region grow stronger. Make the most of your management talents at Carilion Clinic, an award-winning healthcare network that includes seven hospitals, multi-specialty physician practices, and affiliations with prestigious academic medical institutions.
Based in Roanoke Virginia, we offer compassionate care, medical education and research, and neighborhood outreach programs. Join and guide a team of caring individuals who embrace and reflect our values‐commUNITY, courage, commitment, compassion, and curiosity‐in all that we do. And realize the advantages of professional stability, strong technological resources, and true advancement potential.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required or 8 years of equivalent experience.
Experience: 3 years supervisory experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
License/Certification/Registration: In some offices an RN/BSN license may be required due to staffing model and grant specifications.
Other Minimum Qualifications: Demonstrates excellent problem-solving, interpersonal, communication, team leadership, priority setting, organizational and work competency skills. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, Access and Power Point. Ability to use electronic medical records.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
Collaboration: Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 88059
Employment Status: Full time
Location: VelocityCare – Lexington
Shift: Variable Hours
Shift Details: Variable hours to meet business and patient care needs at VelocityCare Sites.
Recruiter: JAMIE S RATLIFF
Recruiter Phone: 540-983-4139
Recruiter Email: email@example.com
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
This is Carilion Clinic …
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.