Researches, implements, and maintains information technologies to increase client systems operational efficiencies and secure Carilion’s enterprise desktops. Serves as primary administrators for key corporate-wide systems such active directory and messaging services. Manages corporate projects and problem resolution requiring the participation of multiple specialized teams.
Duties and Responsibilities may include but not limited:
- Implements and maintains highly available and fault tolerant desktop/workstation system management infrastructure for the enterprise with moderate supervision from the Supervisor and/or Manager. Infrastructure technologies include, but are not limited to: Microsoft SCCM, Microsoft WSUS, and McAfee EPO.
- Creates and maintains system images for deployment to desktop/workstations in the enterprise with minimal supervision from the Supervisor and/or Manager. Technologies used for this purpose include, but are not limited to: Symantec Ghost, Microsoft SysPrep, Microsoft PowerShell, and Microsoft VBScript.
- Manages the enterprise directory (Microsoft Active Directory) and messaging system (Microsoft Exchange) utilizing both manual techniques and automated scripting with moderate supervision from the Supervisor and/or Manager.
- Develops reference materials (system diagrams, installation documentation, etc.) for supported workstation technologies and associated management technologies to be used for both online and in-person training of other technical staff with minimal supervision from Supervisor and/or Manager.
- Manages assigned projects and meets deadlines with moderate supervision from Supervisor and/or Manager.
- Interfaces with clients, vendors, and other teams on multi-faceted projects involving desktop/workstation technologies.
- Interfaces with clients, vendors, and multiple teams while providing resolution to problem incidents as escalated from the Technology Service Center.
- Adheres to departmental policies and procedures to assure prompt resolution to identified problems.
Be at your best with an organization that equips you to do so. Whose people unite in making lives better. At Carilion Clinic, we help communities stay healthy and our region grow stronger through compassionate care, medical education and research, and neighborhood outreach. As part of our team you can expect professional stability, strong technological resources, and the advancement potential of a regional leader.
Based in Roanoke, VA, we are an award-winning, community-based network of hospitals, primary and specialty physician practices, and affiliations with prestigious academic medical institutions. Explore how joining a regional leader can enhance your ability to learn, grow, and succeed.
Education: Associates Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
Experience: Minimum two years experience in computer electronics and/or desktop administration.
Experience in microcomputers and supporting telecommunications hardware/software required.
Licensure/Certifications/Registration: Valid Virginia drivers’ license and dependable transportation.
CompTIA A+ within first year of employment
Additionally, any of the following are preferred, but not required:
Citrix CCA XenApp
Other Minimum Qualifications: Good organizational skills, analytical, dependable, detail oriented, interpersonal skills, and understanding of the English language (both written and oral). Must have thorough understanding of the 7-layer OSI model. General PC hardware, Microsoft Windows desktops, Citrix XenApp, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft O365, and Apple OSX and iOS experience preferred. Must have excellent problem-solving skills and be customer service oriented.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
Collaboration: Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 79493
Employment Status: Full time
Location: Technology Services Group
Shift Details: Day Shift wtih 24×7 call rotation
Recruiter: MARK A MISKOVIC
Recruiter Email: email@example.com
This is Carilion Clinic …
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.