At Chartwells Higher Education, people are at the core of our business. Together we build innovative food service concepts and serve fresh, local and nutritious meals at over 270 college campuses across the country. Twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nation’s Restaurant News, at Chartwells we take pride in creating opportunities for associates to grow their careers and achieve their development goals within the company.
As a Client Relations Manager (CRM), you’ll support and partner with Chartwells K12 Leadership teams to strengthen our client partnerships and retain existing accounts. You’ll partner with a diverse group of functional leaders to best position Chartwells K12 for account preservation and growth.
**This position will require heavy regional travel.
- Manage an annual portfolio of accounts through on-going client relationship and account retention activities while working in partnership with Sector Leadership, Operations, Marketing, Culinary, Nutrition and Finance to develop retention strategies rooted in quality, service, innovation, value and competitive knowledge.
- Build strong relationships (via site visits, phone calls, etc.) with key clients. Develop a point of view about and a deep understanding of client expectations and needs.
- Collaborate with operators and finance leaders to build out proformas, develop proposals, and additional components of our short and long term retention strategies
- Navigate tough conversations and/or negotiations with professionalism and ease
- Support contract extension and re-negotiations processes as required
- Coordinate all aspects of retention proposal development in your portfolio including writing the executive summary and financial narrative.
- Coach operators on a variety of topics, including but not limited to, navigating tough conversations, conducting strategic client interviews, and completing fresh eye reviews.
- Be a dynamic presenter who can captivate an audience, partner with Operations Leadership, Marketing, Culinary and Nutrition to support presentations as necessary
- Conduct strategic client interviews and coordinate operational fresh eye reviews
- Partner with additional stakeholders (e.g. Communications, Culinary, Marketing, Nutrition) to ensure client needs are met and share additional ideas for program enhancements that will improve value of offerings and ensure market competitiveness.
- Apply problem-solving skills to come up with creative solutions to client needs
- Share best practices for client relations and retention across the portfolio, and continue to raise performance levels and expectations across the organization
- Champion quality, service, innovation, and value that Chartwells K12, and broader Compass organization, can deliver to clients
- Handle multiple, often simultaneous and competing, projects while meeting key deadlines
- Participate in additional projects to improve the overall Client Relations and Retention process and/or broader Client Relations team operations
- Bachelor’s Degree required; or five years combination of education and experience in client relations and retention
- Previous operations management experience with a contract food service management
- Demonstrated exceptional relationship building skills, with experience interfacing and influencing clients and internal leader.
- Proposal development and financial proforma experience highly preferred with ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills, along with a strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated exceptional relationship building skills, with experience interfacing with and influencing clients and senior executives
- Confidence and discretion to work in highly confidential environment
- Exhibits excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and listening skills
- Ability to present to large groups – remotely and in-person
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities, and maintain workload organization in a fast moving and changing environment
- Strong Windows-based software skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, Sharepoint and PowerPoint
- Extensive travel required in this position (50+ %)
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!
Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Chartwells Higher Ed are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 509111