Company Name: Roundy’s
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Demonstrate a love for food and passion for people while creating an excellent customer experience by maintaining a friendly, safe and clean environment. Promote and deliver a shopping experience focused on providing customers with efficient service through hands-on knowledge of all cashier functions. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working and shopping environment.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
- Greet customers in a genuine and friendly manner throughout the store and assist them by escorting them to products, loading/unloading heavy items and helping them to retrieve out of reach items.
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Operate equipment (e.g., scanner, register, scale, check approval machine) per company standards.
- Request coupons/ rewards card and verify items on the bottom of the cart before beginning checkout.
- Scan products and process the customer’s order in an accurate, efficient, careful and prompt manner.
- Scan items so the register system properly identifies them; obtain prices for items not identified by the system and complete scan error forms for discrepancies.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the most frequent PLU codes and new items.
- Properly handle of all forms of tender and coupons; count and enter cash and food stamps into the register system; verify coupons are valid, entered and credited to the correct department.
- Verify check information and utilize check verification system; tender checks into the register system.
- Properly bag groceries and apply security tape for proof of purchase.
- Direct customer concerns to the Service Operations Manager.
- Maintain high cleanliness standards; clean as you go, inclusive of washing, cleaning, sweeping, mopping. (e.g., pick up floor, collect and clear carts of debris, clean/stock registers, fill bag stations, perform shop backs, straighten magazines, fill check stand merchandise, and additional department maintenance function).
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines; comply with and reinforce all food safety and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs; report all issues and illegal activity, including robbery, theft or fraud.
- Assist general team members as needed.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequently turning, squatting, stooping/bending, walking, standing in one location, repetitive forward reaching, grasping and gripping objects, fine finger motion and lifting objects 2 to 40 lbs., pushing/pulling objects up to 200 lbs. Occasional lifting objects over 40 lbs. and exposure to varying outdoor temperatures.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High school education/GED or currently enrolled
- Effective interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment; takes initiative
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Ability to read/interpret documents
- Basic math skills (counting, addition, and subtraction)
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Evening; Day
Jobs at Metro Market: At Metro Market, our values are rooted in the Midwest –we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It’s these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years. Here, you’ll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WI || Milwaukee || 1123 N Van Buren St || 53202 || Roundy’s || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations; e-Commerce || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None