For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
Cage Washing Operator – Toxicology
We are looking for a Cage Washing Operator who wishes to be part of a dynamic, collaborative team that cares about the welfare of the animals.
– Operate and perform daily checks on cage washer machines;
– Monitor the use of soaps and various needs of the cage washers;
– Perform basic preventive maintenance on cage washers;
– Clean all types of animal housing and accessories;
– Perform basic maintenance on all cages and accessories to ensure that everything is safe for the animals;
– Perform minor repairs on cages and accessories;
– Ability to maintain the regular physical effort required to lift, push and move equipment and animals;
– High School Diploma 3;
– Ability to read and understand English; Bilingualism is an asset;
– Ability to work in a team environment;
– Ability to manage time effectively;
– Ability to adapt to change;
– Flexibility to work a variety of hours including weekends, as well as the possibility of evening and night overtime as needed;
– Working knowledge of computer applications related to the position.
– On the job training;
– Possibility of internal advancement according to strengths and interests;
– Competitive benefits – Dental, Drug, Physiotherapy, Psychotherapy, Optometrist, Life Insurance, RRSP/ TFSA participation;
– Uniform provided;
– Free parking;
– Shuttle available from St-Anne-de-Bellevue train station or John Abbott bus stop to Charles River site.
– 11 hours shift (7am to 6:30pm)
– Alternating 4 days on, 3 days off, 3 days on, 4 days off.
– Basic: $15 / hour,
– Weekend and evening : 2.50$ prime
– After 37,5 h : Paid at time and a half
– Holiday: Paid at double time
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 11,000 employees within 70 facilities in 18 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2016, revenue increased by 23.3% to $1.68 billion from $1.36 billion in 2015.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~70% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2016.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet