The Clerical Coordinator will maintain clerical organization within the unit and creating a Patient Centered Care environment using the Own It Declarations. The Clerical Coordinator monitors electronic orders for STAT, ASAP orders, verified orders and provides follow-up, notifications as needed.
• Ensures order entry is accurately and timely, including maintenance of all reports, chart forms, instructions in patient charts.
• Processes orders for tests, procedures and special requests accurately during downtime procedures.
• Ensures accurate and timely completion of forms to expedite patient care.
• Maintains and updates pertinent patient information on computer systems, kardex, communication venues and with appropriate departments in a timely manner.
• Organizes and incorporates multiple tasks and skills with a high level of accuracy and efficiency.
• Routinely checks and orders supplies, following-up to ensure stock is available to meet the needs of the unit and informing appropriate personnel if items are unattainable.
• Monitors electronic orders, processes orders (faxing, order entry), expedites STAT orders and notifies nurse.
• Answers all incoming phone calls.
• Greets All Patient Visitors.
• Directs ancillary staff that arrive on the unit for patient pick up.
• “Go-To” Resource for all physicians, NP’s, PA’s and RN’s.
• Complete shift inventory of all ECG transceivers/tele-boxes.
• Complete Census sheet each night at Midnight
• Tailors communication style to meet the needs of the population served (adult through geriatric patient).
• Answers the telephone/call light promptly and courteously, relaying messages in a timely manner to the appropriate care giver.
• Helps coordinate unit activities during an emergency situation and follows protocol.
• Cooperates with other members of the patient care team. Consistently communicates and collaborates with the patient care team for patient needs, location and any issues, prioritizing the needs.
• Notifies nurses in a timely manner of patients going off unit, assures that appropriate forms are prepared and in the chart and obtains appropriate diagnostic data for patient records.
• Notifies nurses when physicians are making rounds on the unit.
• Ensures appropriate follow-up and resolution of computer equipment used for clinical documentation.
• Ensures appropriate follow-up and resolution of issues and care.
• Floats to Delivery Room, Mother/Baby, Fetal Diagnostics as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
•Previous hospital experience or documented course for Clerical Coordinators which includes knowledge of medical terminology
•Demonstrates effective communication, interpersonal skills, knowledge of proper body mechanics, safety measures and infection control, ability to follow instructions
•High school graduate
•Recently employed as a Clerical Coordinator
•Knowledge of section specific test information and instrumentation