You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine creating a place where tomorrow’s leaders, big thinkers, and dreamers gather. Join us and know that you make it possible for others to learn, grow, and discover. Because of what we do, students and faculty share so much more than a meal. And that’s why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Chartwells? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support services company. We cater to Generation Z on college campuses and upcoming K-12 generations. We offer dining programs and solutions that fit the unique needs of today’s students. Join our commitment to providing responsible, healthy-eating solutions.
Click here to view our Team Member video!
Start Date: ASAP
Status: Full time
Schedule: Day time, evening, and weekend shifts available
Day Time: Monday-Friday 7am-3pm – hours may vary as per school events
Weekend: Saturday-Sunday 10am-6pm, and Monday-Wednesday 7am-3:30pm – hours may vary as per school events
Location: Ridley College, St. Catherines ON
Important Information: Previous cleaning experience required
Performs cleaning duties in boarding school environment.
This position is for a team orientated, full time associate.
Required to work efficiently and on their own and provide thorough procedures to ensure the safety of our Boarders.
Associate is needed to clean, sanitize, organize, and maintain designated building on Ridley Campus.
Associate may be required to clean in different parts of campus on occasion.
This candidate must provide a clean, sanitary, orderly, and satisfying surrounding for the students, faculty, and public on a regular and consistent daily basis.
As a Housekeeper, you will:
- Clean and disinfect areas and items such as washrooms, common areas, hallways, stairwells, classrooms, offices, student dorm rooms, interior windows, walls, glass, doors, mirrors, and high-touch areas.
- Damp mop hard floors and vacuum carpets as needed.
- Sweep/vacuum and wash stairs.
- Dust stairwells, wall/ceiling corners, window wells, etc. using appropriate dusting equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness in all main areas, lobbies, stairwells, and classrooms.
- Remove all garbage from your designated area.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident and personnel information.
- Maintain a safe environment at all times (e.g. use of wet floor signs).
- Monitor and maintain disinfection and organization of assigned areas and refill sanitizer stations.
- Set up stock, maintain cleaning supplies for your designated area.
- Perform duties according to health and safety guidelines.
- Report all injuries and hazards to the supervisor immediately.
- Responding to emergency cleanups as required.
- Assist other buildings when needed to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Perform additional duties as needed.
Do you think you have what it takes to be one of our Cleaners? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- Previous housekeeping experience, preferably in healthcare, hotel or commercial cleaning, is an asset.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to be able to manage workload efficiently.
- Good command of English language, both verbal and written.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Physical ability to perform all aspects of the job, including requirements to lift (garbage, vacuum cleaners), climb stairs, reach for high dusting areas and perform vacuuming and floor washing duties.
- Ability to lift, carry, walk, sit, push, pull, and at times work a flexible schedule and must be able to continuously during work hours.
- Must have the ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- A valid license is required for the WEEKEND shift of this position (Sat-Wed).
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact PeopleHub@compass-canada.com for further information.