Job Location: Oriskany, NY
A candidate has been identified
Role Value Proposition:
Global Operations (Global Ops) focuses on creating positive experiences for MetLife customers and helping the company make the best use of its global resources. We’re looking for unique talent with fresh perspectives that can propel innovation. In this role you review, research, and investigate pended Group Life claim submission with multiple coverages and complexity to determine if claim is payable in accordance with various policy provisions. Provides customer service with empathy and patience on incoming and outgoing phone inquiries and provides guidance on life claim processes.
- Interpret policy provisions and adjudicates Group Life claims to make claim determinations. Identify and obtain missing information required to evaluate Group life claims through both company and external contacts.
- Process claims within payment authority.
- Respond to written and verbal inquiries from policyholders, beneficiaries, attorneys, and families of deceased employees. Provide guidance on claim processes and resolve customer issues swiftly and thoroughly.
- Manage and organize work to meet multiple deadlines and competing priorities to ensure department metrics are met including turnaround, productivity, customer satisfaction and quality.
- Maintain good rapport with internal and external customers by taking ownership and projecting an attitude of service.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Strong data entry skills required
- Ability to adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Projects an attitude of service, empathy, and patience to all customers.
- Analytical ability and good judgment in evaluating life claim submissions.
- PC knowledge and strong data entry skills required. (Microsoft Word and Excel)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- College Degree
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $651 billion of total assets under management as of September 30, 2020. We are ranked #48 on the Fortune 500 list for 2020. In 2019, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fourth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies.
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 116392