Requisition ID: 48744
Job Category: Infrastructure
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career?
Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Highway CAD Designer to join the Infrastructure group in our Highways team in the Thunder Bay location.
New infrastructure and revitalizing assets are a key part of growth for any economy. We work with our clients to imagine and build cities of the future through a constant commitment to innovation and cutting-edge technology.
Our knowledge of infrastructure includes aviation, highways and bridges, planning and advisory services, ports, rail and transit, tunnels, and water. Want to be part of the creation and construction of our cities? Then the infrastructure team is for you!
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on high profile projects including a variety of highway planning and design assignments being undertaken on behalf of the Ministry of Transportation Ontario (MTO) or for municipalities throughout the province.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Work with project managers and project Engineers to accomplish various tasks associated with various projects;
- Participation in the preliminary and detailed design of roads and highways in both rural and urban environment;
- Undertaking drafting work for civil engineering projects, roadway geometric design including design of intersections and interchanges, roadside safety analysis, design of pavement marking and signage, traffic staging design, and quantity calculations;
- Assistance to project managers and/or engineers with preparation of design and contract documents including technical and other project specifications;
- Prepare reports and document project activities and data;
- Be progressive, imaginative and enthusiastic in the work and strive to add value where possible for the benefit of the company and our clients.
You bring to the role:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or Technician from an accredited College;
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with highway and road design;
- Working experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D and 2D drafting is required;
- Working experience with InRoads / OpenRoads would be an asset;
- Experience in the use of provincial transportation specific software;
- Experience working on MTO projects/designs;
- Good technical and communication skills are a necessity;
- Ability to work on several projects concurrently;
- Ability to solve problems, complete assigned tasks efficiently, and meet project deadlines;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Experience within a consultancy environment specifically in the Civil Engineering industry is preferred.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.