At Boston Scientific Galway, we are dedicated to transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world.
We work collaboratively to solve healthcare’s toughest problems by developing solutions that matter most to those suffering from debilitating and life-threatening conditions and to the healthcare professionals who provide their care.
We are seeking a Chemist I on a Defined Term basis of 12 months to join us on our mission.
The purpose of the Chemist role is to conduct analytical testing on commercial, stability and non-routine samples, in addition to participate in the test method development, validation and technical transfers as required. They are responsible for ensuring that all testing is carried out in accordance with cGMP.
- Primary Commitment to patient safety and product Quality.
- Understands and comply with all the regulations governing the quality systems.
- Delivery of key Quality and Performance Objectives. Maintenance of laboratory scorecards and trackers.
- Ensure compliance with mandatory training requirements and ensure that your training records are up to date and compliant to cGMP.
- Your responsibilities may include test method development and validation, raw material, in process, finished product and Stability testing.
- Complete documentation associated with testing/ method development & Validation/ equipment qualification in a timely manner.
- Ensure all analytical testing is carried out as defined in the Quality System.
- Perform equipment calibration and qualification as required.
- Review of all laboratory Quality Systems to ensure compliance to cGMP.
- Participate in Regulatory, Internal (Auditor/Auditee) and Vendor audit programs as required.
- Provide training (induction/ on the job/ procedures and updates), technical guidance / trouble shooting to laboratory staff including review of associated training records.
- Review and approval of Laboratory results and documentation, as required the trending and charting of data.
- Perform and assist with additional duties as may be directed by the QC supervisor.
- Proficient in the use various software application utilized in the laboratory. As required the development configuration and validation of software in accordance with Boston Scientific and Industry standards.
- Create, review and approve change requests as required. Where required approve CR’s as laboratory trainer.
- Creation of purchase requisitions for laboratory equipment and consumables.
- Management of laboratory spend and approval of vendor invoices.
- Management of laboratory inventory and supplies and ordering of same.
- Manage laboratory training process and maintenance to training status.
- Provide analytical support to process validations.
- Participate on LBP/VIP and Continuous project teams as required.
What we need from you:
- NFQ Level 8 (240 credits) in Science, Chemistry or a relevant discipline
- Min. 3-5 years experience in a similar role ideally in medical devices (not essential)
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team & on own with minimum supervision
What we can offer you:
- A Career with Meaningful Purpose – opportunity to transform the lives of patients worldwide.
- Our Culture – our work is guided by core values that define our culture and empower our employees.
- Career Development – our highly engaged leaders will empower you to grow and will invest in your potential. You can also broaden your skills through personal development courses.
- Opportunity to Innovate – we encourage you to fulfil your true creative potential by speaking up with your ideas and solutions to problems that matter.
- Competitive Benefits – we offer market leading benefits including performance-related bonus, pension contribution and healthcare.
- Work-Life Balance – we have created a culture that acknowledges, respects and supports your life and work choices.
- Corporate Social Responsibility – we are dedicated to progressing business practices in areas important to our communities. Our onsite charity events have raised over €1.5 million for worthy causes in the past ten years.
With determination, imagination and a deep passion for human life, we’re exceeding the boundaries of what was previously thought possible. When you join us, you will see that reflected in everything you do, so if you’re ready to make a difference to people from all walks of life, there’s no better place to make it happen.
13,000 life-saving products • 30 million patients treated each year • 32,000 employees worldwide
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.