Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the Role:
The Chemist I will help with development, validation, and transfer of analytical methods which meet internal and regulatory requirements for medical devices and combination products. They will support the new product development process through method development and testing support. The Chemist I will also be responsible for serving internal BSC analytical lab customers and maintaining lab instruments and test methods.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Perform hands-on testing in the analytical laboratory in support of combination products under development
- Develop and validate analytical test methods for characterizing drug content, degradants, and drug release in support of combination medical products under development
- Prepare test data summary reports/documentation to communicate results to internal lab customers and the technical community
- Qualify and maintain test instruments and create associated documentation
- Demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures
- Applies scientific principles and company policies and procedures, analyzes data or situations, and exercises judgment to recommend solutions to solve problems.
- Adhere to corporate and department SOP’s to achieve quality and regulatory agency compliance.
- Teamwork and collaboration with department personnel and lab customers.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry
- 0-1+ years of related experience
- Technical report writing skills
- Experience in analytical chemistry, chromatographic and pharmaceutical cGMP analysis preferred
- Experience with method development and validation
- Experience with analytical chemistry testing of combination medical devices or pharmaceuticals
- Waters liquid chromatography instrumentation (e.g. Waters Alliance/PDA, H-class/PDA) and Empower software experience
Requisition ID: 515000
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Please be advised that certain US based positions, including without limitation field sales and service positions that call on hospitals and/or health care centers, require acceptable proof of COVID-19 vaccination status. Candidates will be notified during the interview and selection process if the role(s) for which they have applied require proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. Boston Scientific continues to evaluate its policies and protocols regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and will comply with all applicable state and federal law and healthcare credentialing requirements. As employees of the Company, you will be expected to meet the ongoing requirements for your roles, including any new requirements, should the Company’s policies or protocols change with regard to COVID-19 vaccination.