Work Schedule/Days: Every Weekend / Saturday
Employment Type: Part-Time
Requisition #: 78142
Provides spiritual and emotional support to patients, families, and employees to address needs in coping with the impact of illness, injury, or traumatic events. Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team to address the holistic needs of a patient’s plan of care. Proactively supports efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and promote a safe environment at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
- Master’s degree in Divinity from an accredited graduate school of theology or equivalent and 1 year of Clinical Pastoral Education from an accredited program
- Ordination or recognition as a spiritual leader in their religious/spiritual tradition required
- 2,000 hours of experience as a chaplain after completion of all Clinical Pastoral Education units
- Association for Professional Chaplains certification or eligible
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Experience in grief counseling
- Provides spiritual and emotional support to patients and families of varying religious and spiritual traditions.
- Provides supportive services to hospital employees.
- Organizes and conducts religious worship services to address identified spiritual holidays, grief needs, and other services deemed appropriate.
- Works with the interdisciplinary team in assessing the holistic care needs of the patient and family while addressing age-appropriate and developmental-specific needs.
- Provides education to identified audiences related to the spiritual needs throughout the life span, including serving as adjunct faculty to the Clinical Pastoral Education program.
- Provide weeknight and weekend duties chaplaincy coverage for patients, caregivers, and staff.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs independently and greater than 40 lbs with assistance
Bending/Stooping – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Standing – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Walking – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1405 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322
Function: Family Support Services – Family Support Services