With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 9,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $1.9 billion in revenues in fiscal 2020. Learn more at www.kennametal.com. Follow @Kennametal: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Channel Partner Rep
Remote -Office In-Home in Western PA or Northern MD. Prefer someone in Harrisburg, PA, Baltimore, MD, western Philadelphia or anywhere in between.
Support the relationship with assigned channel partners – local distributors, national distributors, and integrators. This position is responsible for supporting and cultivating the commercial relationship with the channel partners, driving sales strategy and forecasting, coordinating technical support, and coordinating training for channel partner sales force.
Key Job Responsibilities
· Interacts with channel partner management, channel partner sales staff, Kennametal sales and channel management, and Kennametal sales staff to develop implementation plans to execute sales strategies and programs for region.
· Develop strategic account decks for channel partners and achieve target metrics created by the channel partner representative in collaboration with management
· Will also support corporate selling initiatives and incorporate new product sales and innovations into strategic planning with partners
· Will evaluate and manage special contracts and price harmonization on an as needed basis.
• Manage relationships through weekly and regular meetings with channel partner leadership
• Monthly meetings with local and national distributor branch management, integrator leadership to review needs and sales figures
• Drive sales strategy, customer segmentation, account planning, forecasting and reporting with channel partners
• Administer and develop sales programs and promotions with local management
• Provide and coordinate training on Kennametal products with channel partner sales force (e.g., local and national distributor reps)
• Coordinate Kennametal technical support (e.g., Application Engineers) for channel partner end-customers
• Plan productive usage of co-op and T&D funds with channel partner management, assist in management of voucher usage, PLCO reporting and replacement, and assist in order tracking in project manager capacity
• Manage channel conflict amongst localized regions
• Assist on joint calls with Kennametal sales on key account and opportunities and sales responsibilities in absence of sales engineer support
Education, Work Experience, Skills, Certificates
Minimum Level of Education (for Job): Associates/Technical
Years of Relevant Work Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Preferred Areas of Education, Certifications, and Skills: Business degree & Exposure to manufacturing or industrial functions.
As part of our core values, Kennametal is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all people. We are an Equal Opportunity employer.