Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Channel Manager II identifies, recruits, and manages an assigned account base of indirect sales, telecommunications partners to generate revenue by executing channel programs. The Channel Manager II is responsible for selling new and existing company products and services, targeting business to business clients.
The Main Responsibilities
- Develop and implement opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell accounts, increasing overall revenue spend by targeted customers. Promotes partner sales engagement with Lumen.
- Create account plans and strategies to win new business from existing customers.
- Coordinate with Inside Sales on partner sales opportunities, prepare customer presentations, and coordinate with internal groups (sales engineering, product, etc.) during the sales process.
- Develop sales in designated account base by working with partners to identify new sales opportunities.
- Recruit new partners into the partner program.
- Coordinate and deliver training and on-boarding programs for Partners to ensure sales readiness for company products and processes, including product and systems training.
- Manage and serve as the escalation path for end customers and partners to ensure superior customer experience.
- Provide accurate and detailed weekly, monthly and quarterly forecast funnel of identified and proposed opportunities to meet and exceed quota requirements.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- 7+ years of related experience
- Proficient understanding of company’s telecommunications products and network capabilities
- Valid drivers license as role may require driving to customer and/or partner meetings.
- Ability to travel an average of 25%
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business, marketing, or related field with 7+ years of related experience.
- Proven success of building strong relationships and partnerships.
- Advanced understanding of company’s telecommunications products and network capabilities.
- Advanced knowledge of company financial measurements, telecommunications industry, and indirect sales model.
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 266164
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.