Location: LOC_3440_MKT-3440 Market Street
Req ID: 137158
Employment Status: Regular – Full Time
This position will be supporting outpatient Behavioral Health (neurodevelopmental disorders, behavioral regulation disorders, eating disorders, and mood/anxiety/trauma) at the 3440 Market Street location. Performs routine delegated clinical patient care supportive duties in the health system medical practice. Assists medical and/or nursing staff in the examination and treatment of patients and ensures efficient office operations.
To learn more about CHOP’s Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences please visit https://www.chop.edu/centers-programs/child-and-adolescent-psychiatry-and-behavioral-sciences
- Greet patients, answer telephones, and provides customer service to the patients. Provides administrative support; Updates and files patient medical records, schedules appointments, arranges for laboratory services, and performs other administrative duties as directed.
- Records vital signs and pain screens. Notifies the registered nurse or physician when vital signs or pain screen are out of range. Identify patients in distress and notify appropriate care team.
- Prepares patients for exams and procedures effectively. Explains basic treatment procedures to patients according to policy. Assists physician during examination and procedures. Collects and prepares laboratory specimens and phlebotomy according to health system standards. Perform basic laboratory tests on the premises within POCT standards, maintains refrigerator and QC logs.
- Prepares, administers and documents medications and immunizations as ordered by provider.
- Performs other clinical functions as delegated and supervised by the physician consistent with the CMAs education, training, scope of practice and experience and within state medical practice.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) or National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) or
Clinical Medical Assistant Certification (CMAC) or Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA) or Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
CPR Certification issued through on organization that requires a hands-on instructor lead psychomotor skills verification (ex. American Heart Association or Red Cross) required within 90 days of start
Required Education and Experience
- High School/GED.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Experience: One (1) year of healthcare-related work experience.
Additional Technical Requirements
- Knowledge of exam, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to read, understand and respond to detailed oral and written instructions.
- Ability to react and communicate clearly, calmly and effectively.
- Working knowledge of sterile techniques and special procedures that are applicable to work performed.
- Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering routine and special treatments to patients.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146