Job Req ID: 794321
Position Number: 00164129
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: M-F 8:00-4:30
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Pediatric Neurology
Location: CHS Pediatric Neurology
Location Details: 2608 East 7th Street Charlotte NC 28204
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
Provides information, education, support and guidance to parents, siblings and other family members. Promotes effective coping and play, preparation, education and self-expression activities. Provides emotional support for families and encourages optimum development of children facing a broad range of challenging experiences, particularly those related to healthcare and hospitalization.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates short and long term goals to support the psychosocial and developmental needs of the pediatric and neonatal patients.
- Works with the multidisciplinary team to provide education to patients and families and to formulate and implement a plan of care.
- Collaborates with appropriate departments when planning and implementing special activities and events that assist the patient and family with normalizing their hospital experience.
- Serves as a patient and family advocate through the philosophy of family centered care.
- Assists with planning, presenting and evaluating in-service education.
- Works with the Child Life Assistants and Volunteer Services to on-board and evaluate volunteers as needed.
- Provides education and supervision of student interns for the Child Life Department.
- Assists with on-boarding and mentoring of new teammates and Child Life interns.
Work requires walking, standing, silting, lifting, stooping, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support 51 pounds of weight in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelors Degree in Human Growth and Development, Education, Psychology or a related field of study. Experience with completion of student placement/internship in a Child Life Program in a healthcare setting required. Current Child Life Certification required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Good organization and time management skills are required.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer