Location Name: San Antonio, TX
Job/Requisition ID: [[id]]
Location Address: 19100 Ridgewood Park, San Antonio, TX, United States (US), 78259
Education Level: Bachelor’s Required
Relevant Experience Level: Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Employee Group: Regular – Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
Responsible for ensuring that Marathon selects the most appropriate goods and/or services based on total cost of ownership (TCO). Responsible for the development and execution of category management strategies. Create and execute category plans and strategic sourcing initiatives, in support of leveraging third party spend and creating value for Marathon. Conduct spend analysis and market intelligence to identify and leverage key opportunities that deliver value, optimize supply base and mitigate risk to the business. Collaborate with key stakeholders, including site personnel, internal and external customers to deliver sourcing initiatives. Develop and track KPIs for measuring performance for key suppliers/contractors. Communicate and align with stakeholders on an on-going basis regarding progress and status updates on assigned categories.
**This position is part of a job family with multiple levels. The successful candidate will be placed at a level commensurate with experience and qualifications**.
- Manage assigned categories to optimize the supply base and deliver financial benefit to the business.
- Actively seek and identify opportunities for value creation (cost savings, cost avoidance, revenue enhancement) and risk reduction within assigned categories.
- Conduct market and TCO analysis in support of strategic sourcing initiatives. Develop business case for sourcing initiatives, supported by market data, relevant business and technical factors.
- Implement and manage category plans with focus on the business case presentation, commercial agreement execution and administration.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers to ensure service, commercial terms and optimal leverage.
- Develop and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders to align strategies; to include working with stakeholders to understand the demand/spend profile of assigned category risks and business requirements.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, internal and external customers to deliver initiatives.
- Develop and track KPIs for measuring performance for key suppliers/contractors. Facilitate issues resolution related to supplier performance, as needed.
- Lead utilization and performance assessments to confirm strategies are effective and strategic suppliers are meeting and exceeding business partner expectations.
- Complete Category Management deliverables / status updates and communicate to stakeholders.
- Continuously communicate with stakeholders on category initiatives and status updates.
- Understand site operational and transactional Supply Chain activities to ensure alignment with category strategies.
- Utilize Supply Chain tools, templates and systems, as prescribed by the Supply Chain Function.
- Analyzes project requirements and develops project plan and charter.
- Coordinates activities of project team and/or outside contractors to ensure milestones are met.
- Tracks project progress and monitors performance against plan.
- Facilitates meetings and prepares reports and presentations to communicate project status.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum undergraduate degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Marketing, Engineering, Business, Science or similar discipline required.
- Minimum 5 years of Supply Chain, Category Management, or Project Management experience is required.
- Experience negotiating any of the following categories PVF, Chemicals, Electrical, Valves or Pumps is a major plus.
- Midstream and Field Experience is desired.
- Proficient in SAP, Ariba, Excel, Power BI, Power Point and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data for use in decision-making and actions in support of business strategy, including TCO and should cost modeling.
- Strong contracting skills with in-depth understanding of the various Contract Terms and Conditions.
- Ability to develop negotiations strategy and conduct supplier negotiations with the capability to meet targets, manage concessions and deliver results.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Comfortable leading cross functional team meetings and driving projects to closure.
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation’s largest refining system. MPC’s marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. Speedway LLC, an MPC subsidiary, owns and operates retail convenience stores across the United States. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company that owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.
To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit mympcbenefits.com.