Who is Foodbuy?
We are the industry leader in procurement and supply chain solutions. We are the subsidiary to the 6th largest company in the world (Compass Group PLC), yet Foodbuy has the feel of a small entrepreneurial Company. We pride ourselves on our ability to source and provide a variety of products and services that help our customers more easily, and cost effectively, run their businesses. We work with clients in the Hospitality, Restaurant, Healthcare, Education, Entertainment, and Gaming industries, and of course we support Compass Group– which is the world’s largest contract food and support services provider.
We care about our associates, our clients, and our community. We think big, encourage innovation and debate, and seek out game changers. Our benefits and PTO offerings are strong. Our compensation packages are competitive. And we are constantly growing, and we want our associates’ careers to grow along with us. We have an open and modern work environment, believe in flexibility, and promote a collaborative open door environment.
Additionally, we follow a value system called FORT, which stands for Flexibility, Optimistic, Resourceful, and Transparent. FORT is the foundation for everything we do at Foodbuy. It is how we behave and interact with our clients, business partners and fellow associates.
The Category Development Analyst, Center of Plate (Pork) is an important supporting role for the Category Development team. In this role, you will directly support the Pork category and interact with supplier partners while working collaboratively with a number of cross-functional departments within Foodbuy. This role requires strong analytical skills, the capacity to manage competing tasks and priorities, as well as the ability to effectively understand complex category strategies.
• Actively manage and suggest improvements to processes that help to drive value in contracting, conversion, and revenue generation
• Support category team with:
o Reporting to support category plans and presentations for key strategic meetings
o Completing ad hoc analysis, market trend, and opportunity analysis
o Communicating and implementing program updates while adhering to Foodbuy processes
o Assisting with budget forecasting and tracking of revenue against plan as directed by Category Development Manager – conduct income analysis, suggest forecast changes or perform any other duties supporting category income drivers
o Tracking of market/industry data for use in negotiations and presentations
• Identify opportunities and make recommendations as they relate to contract utilization rates, conversion opportunities, pricing/VA and new programs
• Work directly with Category Business Manager and Onboarding team to setup new units
• Manage monthly pricing with distributors and internal termset team
• Various special projects as assigned by manager
• 2 to 3 years analytical experience required; category management or procurement background preferred
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; related experience may be considered in lieu of formal education
• A great attitude – flexibility, optimism, resourcefulness and transparency
• Solid project management skills capable of handling multiple competing tasks and priorities
• Ability to break down large amounts of data to identify trends and areas for improvement (from a financial or data aspect)
• Enthusiasm for data and problem solving.
• Insights-driven and effectively applies common sense to analysis
• Adaptable to change and thrive in a dynamic environment
• Work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
• Respond to customer needs quickly, efficiently, enthusiastically and courteously
• High attention to detail and exceptional work quality
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent proficiency level with MS Excel (including Pivot Tables), Word and PowerPoint required
Apply to Foodbuy today!
Foodbuy is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 551238