Who is Foodbuy?
We are the industry leader in procurement and supply chain solutions. We are the subsidiary to the 6th largest company in the world (Compass Group PLC), yet Foodbuy has the feel of a small entrepreneurial Company. We pride ourselves on our ability to source and provide a variety of products and services that help our customers more easily, and cost effectively, run their businesses. We work with clients in the Hospitality, Restaurant, Healthcare, Education, Entertainment, and Gaming industries, and of course we support Compass Group– which is the world’s largest contract food and support services provider.
We care about our associates, our clients, and our community. We think big, encourage innovation and debate, and seek out game changers. Our benefits and PTO offerings are strong. Our compensation packages are competitive. And we are constantly growing, and we want our associates’ careers to grow along with us. We have an open and modern work environment, believe in flexibility, and promote a collaborative open door environment.
Additionally, we follow a value system called FORT, which stands for Flexibility, Optimistic, Resourceful, and Transparent. FORT is the foundation for everything we do at Foodbuy. It is how we behave and interact with our clients, business partners and fellow associates.
The Category Development Manager, Supplier Diversity is an exciting opportunity to accelerate your career within the highly dynamic Supplier Diversity arena. In this role you will take responsibility for the day to day execution of Supplier Diversity strategies to meet Foodbuy’s goals and support our sectors/members in meeting their diverse spend goals. You will build and leverage cross-functional relationships across category development, project management, sourcing, and account management to identify, contract, and grow diverse suppliers. This role will include strategic business planning as well as follow through on tactical execution across the organization. As Supplier Diversity Manager, you will apply your ability to resolve conflicting priorities and align goals with other teams all while balancing financial opportunity/impact. This role includes strong project management, financial and relationship building components.
***REMOTE work location from anywhere in the US***
What You’ll Do
• Identify market and category gaps in our portfolio of diverse suppliers. Identify and engage sourcing to contract diverse suppliers
• Develop and execute supplier diversity strategy in collaboration with other departments that offers targeted program objectives while minimizing financial impact.
• Develop supplier growth plans to maximize spend with existing diverse suppliers
• Execute Supplier Diversity marketing and communication plans informing internal and external stakeholders of program results and resources
• Lead Diverse Supplier Accelerator program including ongoing refinement of program based on feedback and results
• Provide regular program updates to cross-functional leaders through written communications and in-person meetings
• Partner with category and compliance teams to improve the availability of products from diverse suppliers
• Partner with category and sourcing teams to ensure execution of new diverse supplier contracts (vendor status, supply chain solutions, addition to order guides, etc.)
What You’ll Need
• Ideally 5+ years of category management or supplier diversity program experience
• Bachelor’s degree is required
• A great attitude – flexibility, optimism, resourcefulness and transparency
• A proven track record of delivering results delivery while being self-motivated and driven
• Strong relationship building and goal alignment skills
• Adaptable to change and thrives in a dynamic environment
• High attention to detail and exceptional work quality
• Evidence of an ability to work cross-functionally and influence at senior levels
• Strong presentation skills
• High proficiency level with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint required
• Travel to conferences 2-3x per year
Apply to Foodbuy today!
Foodbuy is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 549935