Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison’s hospital kitchens, restaurants, and cafés feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company’s comprehensive Mindful Choices® wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. Morrison’s alignment with Partnership for a Healthier America’s (PHA) Hospital Healthy Food Initiative positively impacts up to 41 million patients and 500 million hospital meals annually. Morrison has been named one of Modern Healthcare’s “Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare” for the past five years, and Training Magazine’s Top 125 organizations for the past six consecutive years. The company is a division of Compass Group and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 17,000 professional food service team members.
As an Category Brand Manager – Morrison Coffee, you will play a critical role in helping analyze, develop and implement annual consumer brand marketing plans that are consumer-centric, build brand equity / consumer relevance and drive brand growth and share leadership. This role reports into the Director of Category Growth Manager – Morrison Healthcare.
• Analysis: Responsible for on-going analysis supporting brand initiatives. Use brand, industry and consumer information to identify business opportunities and implications and subsequently develop strategies and tactical plans to achieve brand goals. Develop strong commercial knowledge and business acumen to build a general manager mindset and support annual brand strategy planning.
• Insight Development: Develop deep understanding of our consumers and translate key insights into actionable consumer driven marketing plans. Understand and communicate brand’s unique selling propositions to key stakeholders – internal Morrison Healthcare departments, retail team, operations, field sales, distributors, retailers and consumers.
• Media/Communications: Actively participate in developing and managing consumer programs, strategic partnerships, and communication plans.
• Innovation: Lead cross-functional teams in driving close-in innovation and renovation efforts.
• Project Management: Lead and manage designated brand initiatives. Develop objectives, drive cross-functional (internal and external) collaboration and execution, and measure success/results. Potentially assist in all aspects of brand including advertising development, new account openings, regional support, promotion development, innovation and renovation, packaging changes, Commercial connectivity / meetings, etc.
• System Communication: Communicate with the Retail Marketing team to define and align market approach, manage in-market activities, and research/report on local market conditions and implement programs.
• Skills & Capability Development: Develop objectives, personal development and training plans. Provide peer coaching, feedback, and guidance, and participate in all mandatory training and skills development for the role. Conduct coffee training sessions with coffee manager in operations, support the development & implementation of culinary and marketing standards for all coffee operations.
• Champion Our Brands and Drive Alignment Across the Organization: Encourage organizational and customer engagement, alignment and excitement for brand strategy and plans. Drive alignment behind brand strategy with Director of Category Growth and key Commercial stakeholders. Responsible for consulting with cross-functional partners and driving alignment across the organization. Participate in key sales and marketing presentations. Support and participate in the Retail Marketing Champion Program.
• Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business, or sales.
• 1-2 years of brand marketing/brand management experience; CPG/Beverage experience from a Fortune 500 CPG corporation is strongly preferred
• Consumer oriented with proven marketing background.
• Strong communication, project and people management skills
• This role is based at home with 50% travel
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software programs
• Ability to lift a minimum of 40 lbs.
Apply to Morrison Healthcare today!
Morrison Healthcare is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 873653