Case Manager Housing – Top of the South Region
Ministry of Social Development
⦁ 1x Permanent, Full Time – Nelson, Marlborough or West Coast
We have an opportunity to join our team. In this role you will support people who are looking for help to secure affordable and stable housing, which can lead to outcomes in several other areas such as employment and health. This is predominantly a phone-based role and provides services to people in the Top of the South region. As a Case Manager Housing you’ll be responsible for assessing the needs of people applying for Public Housing, as well as for holding local knowledge on housing and providing options and advice. You will undertake Tenancy Reviews which involves a caseload of Public Housing tenants, reassessing eligibility and working proactively one on one stair casing people back into the private sector housing.
What skills do I need to be a Case Manager Housing?
You need to be comfortable working in a fast paced, pressured environment and have the confidence to make good decisions, often in isolation. Strong relationship and negotiation skills are essential, as is the ability to motivate and empower others to overcome barriers in a non-judgmental way. You need to be an excellent team player with amazing people skills, and someone who enjoys navigating through unexpected challenges. You will have experience identifying and assessing housing needs and have a good handle on the local housing market in terms of opportunities, demands and issues. You will need NZ Citizenship or Permanent Residency at the time of application as this is classified as a Level 4/5 ANZSCO position.
We offer you
- Varied, fast paced, interesting, complex and rewarding work
- Induction and on-going training
- Supportive team environment
- Regular coaching and development opportunities
- Salary range D $47,622 to 65,480 per annum (in line with skills and experience).
- Please apply online with your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability and interest in the role.
- If you currently work for MSD you must apply through your myHR careers portal at work using your employee login.
- For any queries contact Alana Coles on firstname.lastname@example.org – only applications made online will be accepted.
Applications close: 23 April 2021
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so we can assist you through the recruitment process.