Company Name: Roundy’s
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Demonstrate a love for food and passion for people while creating an excellent customer experience by maintaining a friendly, safe and clean environment. Provide quality, decorative designs for customer special orders and for a variety of bakery products. Ensure the proper quantity and quality of product is available for the customer. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working and shopping environment.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
- Greet customers in a genuine and friendly manner throughout the store and assist them by escorting them to products, loading/unloading heavy items and helping them to retrieve out of reach items.
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Properly operate equipment and wear proper personal protective equipment (e.g., mixer, sheeter, molder, divider, lazy Susan, rounder, cookie cutting machine, donut cutter, scraper, scales, knives, oven, timer, racks, shrink wrapper, telephone, decorating tube, bread slicer, labeler, cleaning utensils, glazer, air brush, spatula, chemical resistant gloves and splash goggles) according to company guidelines
- Follow and complete daily/weekly cake quantities to be decorated and sold, including special orders.
- Retrieve cakes from the freezer and prepare them for decorating.
- Ensure consistent quality and accuracy in decorating, follow approved decorating styles /create new decorations and ensure proper consistency for cream icings.
- Ensure a variety of product is prepared for maximum sales potential.
- Place cakes in proper containers and locations for sale or storage.
- Properly label cakes and stock product.
- Store overstock in freezer and remove stale product daily.
- Ensure adequate decorating supplies are maintained.
- Maintain high cleanliness standards; clean as you go, inclusive of washing, cleaning, sweeping, mopping.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines; comply with and reinforce all food safety and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs; report all issues and illegal activity, including robbery, theft or fraud.
- Assist general team members as needed.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequent use of hands for squeezing motion, bending and twisting writs, standing in one location, walking, turning, reaching, stooping/bending, squatting, lifting/carrying objects 5 to 40 lbs., pushing/pulling up objects 100 to 200 lbs., hand to eye coordination; occasional lifting objects over 40 lbs. and pushing/pulling up objects 100 to 500 lbs., climbing ladders, stooping and crawling.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High school education/GED or currently enrolled
- Effective interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment; takes initiative
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Ability to read/interpret documents
- Basic math skills (counting, addition, and subtraction)
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Metro Market: At Metro Market, our values are rooted in the Midwest –we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It’s these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years. Here, you’ll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WI || Shorewood || 4075 N. Oakland Ave. || 53211 || Roundy’s || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None