Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
Job Title: Buyer, Sr
Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
Responsible for obtaining services, materials, components, supplies, tooling and equipment while achieving the targeted inventory levels. Checks requisitions, obtains quotations, examines bids, and makes awards. Develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate. As required, monitors the cost, schedule, and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value. May evaluate vendor reliability. Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services (e.g., raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, travel services) and ensures that items and services purchased are of high quality, on time and at the lowest total price.
- Interacts with suppliers by phone or service providers in person to negotiate activities involved with procuring materials and service. Requests bids from new suppliers by personal contact and/or phone to ensure the best price for materials.
- Assists internal and external customers by answering questions and assisting in solving their problems so they can perform within established guidelines (i.e., Good Manufacturing Practices, Food and Drug Administration, Travel and Expense Policy).
- Implements cost saving ideas to obtain maximum efficiencies of company funds.Conducts supplier audits by visiting their facility, observing task performance and reviewing procedures to evaluate their capabilities.
- Audits various forecasts, patterns, and reports to optimize inventory levels and ensure inventory demands are met and/or company service provided to employees meets business need.
- Identifies invoice discrepancies (e.g., duplicate billing, price differences, quantity errors) by researching process steps and/or interfacing with appropriate departments to resolve the problem.
- Investigates non-conforming materials by interfacing with production engineers, receiving personnel, and/or suppliers to identify the cause.
- Maintains manual and/or computerized records of activities (e.g., items/services purchased, costs, delivery, travel patterns, product quality/performance and inventories) to provide accurate information source.
- Provides written data (e.g., memos, letters, purchase orders) to departments and suppliers to convey company needs and requirements.
- Processes purchase requests by accessing database and assigning a number to the order to provide an information source for tracking the order.
- BS or BBA required and 5+years of experience in purchasing, production or planning
- Experience in a similar position a plus
- Experience with SAP, RR or MRP systems
- 5 + years of experience in a related position
- Flexibility to travel, and flexible schedule to accommodate different time zones
- Strong communications skills with the ability to sucessfully interact at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Fully Bilingual
Requisition ID: 508777
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.