Business System Analyst
Precision Planting is a subsidiary of AGCO Corporation and a leading provider of planting and harvest technology in the Precision Ag Industry. We design innovative products that solve yield-robbing issues for farmers. We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual to serve as the Business System Analyst for a fast-growing company in Central Illinois. The Business System Analyst will be responsible for owning the overall design and implementation of assigned technical projects, as well as recommending best practices for solutions based on business needs. This role will require strategic design and mapping of business requirements and solutions to system/technical requirements, and will also be responsible for writing technical specifications (for custom development, system integration, etc.) based on interactions directly with the business teams.
- Works effectively and individually with Technical and Non-‐Technical team members and partners
- Train others to ensure new technology initiatives are adopted and utilized.
- Oversees and has accountability for the successful completion of all aspects of assigned project work.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take the lead role on projects with minimal direction.
- Ability to effectively facilitate meetings, demonstrate brainstorming/consensus-building skills and interact with project sponsors and management.
Demonstrates the ability to effectively prepare and maintain the following documents/tools:
- Business Process
- Process Flow Analysis
- Product Architecture and Design Best Practices
- Experience working with developers.
- Experience with cloud, relational databases
- Basic competence in scripting, HTML, UML, and/or macros
- Requirements Definition
- Detailed Functional Design
- Executive Summaries
- Project Plans
Demonstrates the following Leadership Skills:
- Project management
- Assigns Responsibilities and Directs Work of Project Team Members
- Monitors Progress, and Follows-‐up
- Provides Respectful Feedback
- Escalates where necessary.
- Analyzes/Identifies areas of risk and develops plans to minimize risks when appropriate.
- Seeks opportunities to develop professional skills.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to learn quickly and think creatively.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to take a leadership role when necessary.
- A detail--oriented individual with the ability to quickly assimilate and apply new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Requires a bachelor‘s degree with a technical background/degree program preferred.
- 3-8 years of prior experience preferred but not required.
AGCO is an equal opportunity employer.