Join a diverse and dynamic team that makes and delivers the most valuable services in the world: electricity and natural gas. At Consumers Energy, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Our employees work around the clock to provide service to our customers in honor of our history and to fulfill our promise to Michigan – Count on Us! Consumers Energy, the principal subsidiary of CMS Energy and headquartered in Jackson, Michigan, provides natural gas and electricity to nearly 6.8 million of Michigan’s 10 million residents in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties.
This role is a member of the Customer Dispatch and Scheduling Department and will report to the Gas Dispatch and Scheduling Coach. The Customer Service Dispatch and Scheduling Department is responsible for the Consumers Energy's 24/7 Gas Operations. Functional work varies from handling compliance and emergent work such as gas leaks, to other customer requested work such as meter orders. The department is responsible for emergency response during storm or severe weather and normal day operations.
- Apply advanced technical knowledge, skills and creative insights to successfully maintain and support projects and initiatives through Detailed Action Plans, managing databases, tracking, reporting and establishing metrics including development and identification of technology solutions such as a Power Apps
- Support the organization with data collection, metric development and analysis, leveraging SAP and Power BI, and provide recommendations on areas of focus. Positively and frequently interact with customers
- Responsible for maintaining Teams sites, documenting processes and standards for submission into Standards Management Center. Maintain Standards Review and Information Governance cycles/Records Retention.
- Facilitation of Process Mapping, Value Stream Mapping, Analysis and Waste Walks for problem solving and waste elimination opportunities
- Monitor and track compliance metrics associated with gas emergency order completion and correction, gas leak remediation, non-leak maintenance. Supporting timely and accurate reporting to the MPSC of odor response metrics.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required in the applicable field of study. Less than a Bachelor’s degree may be acceptable if accompanied by extensive Company or industry experience in positions that demonstrate required abilities and performance.
- Technical Competency in Microsoft applications with a strong focus on Excel, Word and Power Point
- Ability to extract reports from a data collection system
- Professional communication across all levels of leadership
- Six Sigma or ASQ Certification
- 2+ Years of work experience in Leading initiatives, Analyzing Data, Problem Solving, Meeting Facilitation and Presentations.
- Analytical thinking and research skills, problem solving ability
- Knowledge in Power Apps and Power BI
- Exposure or knowledge of lean methodology and principals
The successful candidate will work closely with the Coach and department Leadership as well as stakeholder organizations to provide support relating to employee empowerment, leadership development and continuous improvement. They will support the organization with report/metric development, and recommendations based on data analysis. This position will gain an understanding of Work Management and the CE Way Basic Plays to develop and nurture relationships with organizational partners that help us meet our prioritized targets.
Hours and Travel
This position requires the individual to work a minimum of 40 hours per week and may work remote or in an office in one of the 3 Work Management Center locations. The individual will be required to spend some time in outdoor field locations to gain knowledge of field operations and our support role. This position will require the ability to travel between work management centers and meeting locations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and move up to ten pounds and occasionally lift and move up to seventy-five pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The noise level on the field site is often loud.