The Business Relationship Manager of Financial Systems Solutions is responsible for working with Dorman Products’ finance and accounting organization to define, prioritize, manage, and support all financial systems related initiatives. Aligned with the company’s growth strategy, the candidate will define the global financial systems roadmap and will lead the implementation of a business and system process optimization initiative in the areas of corporate accounting, financial transaction processing, AR/AP/GL, credit and collections, treasury, tax, audit, and financial planning & analysis. The desired candidate could have his/her roots in finance or in information systems; however, the combination of strong business acumen and leading financial systems implementation experience is critical (e.g. SAP, Hyperion, Concur)
- Collaborate with Dorman’s finance and accounting organization to define and architect SAP, Hyperion, and other related system solutions focused on optimizing end to end processes.
- Translate broad strategies into specific project objectives and action plans, aligning efforts through a team of finance resources, the IT team, and other key stakeholders.
- Be the overall steward/owner of Dorman’s financial systems, ensuring the quality, stability, scalability and extensibility of those solutions, and managing their total cost of ownership.
- Responsible for the coordination, sequencing and overall management of various financial systems projects running simultaneously to evaluate interdependencies between multiple initiatives, budget control of high level investments and ensure on-time delivery of projects.
- Manage all system support and enhancement efforts in the finance and accounting area. Directly or indirectly manage resources in various capacities involved in supporting and enhancing the financial system landscape (in-house, contract, and off shore AMS resources as needed).
- Collaborate with business partners and the IT delivery team to develop comprehensive and concise business requirements to deliver financial system solutions. Write functional specifications that are provided to developers and other technical contributors to guide configuration, programming and other technical tasks.
- Ensure solutions comply with financial internal controls, SOX, and other regulatory policies.
- Partner enterprise wide with business and technology organizations, providing sound business analysis and change leadership as it relates to financial impacts of any system changes.
- Drive consensus on complex business and technical solutions, communicating status and vision to management and stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong understanding of standard accounting and financial business processes including order to cash, procure to pay, and record to report business workflows.
- Relevant financial systems experience with SAP and Hyperion and direct or equivalent experience with other common financial systems solutions (e.g. Blackline, Cforia, Concur, OpenText)
- Strong technical experience working in a complex ERP landscape desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact at all levels across the organization
- Project and program management experience
- Ability to build positive relationships across multiple stakeholders: senior leadership team, department heads, line supervisors etc.
- Ability to interact with external system vendors, consultants, and/or contractors as part of a project team, and clearly communicate requirements and manage expectations for optimal solution delivery
- Strong business aptitude – ability to learn, understand and interpret business processes; ability to act in partnership with the business and be recognized as a valued contributor to business results
- Expertise in continuous process improvement using industry-accepted methodologies
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems and/or Accounting and Finance
- 10+ years’ experience working with finance and accounting leaders to optimize and support financial systems solutions for public companies
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading financial design and configuration activities in SAP
Dorman Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer; we value a combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V.
Candidates must pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role.