Role Value Proposition:
The Business Procedures Consultant will play an integral role in the day-to-day operations of the recently created UK Longevity Reinsurance line of business of Retirement & Income Solutions (RIS). The RIS business, one of the largest U.S. segments in MetLife, has a wide variety of products, including pension risk transfer products, longevity reinsurance, GIC/funding agreements, stable value products, structured settlements, Institutional Income Annuities and PRB & SBR Products.
The successful candidate will report to the Director of UKL Business Operations and will support the longevity reinsurance business operations. The role will work closely with our UK clients and RIS business and functional partners, including Pricing, Actuarial, Investments, IT, Operations, Legal, Compliance, Risk and Finance.
- Support day-to-day administrative and operational functions for MetLife’s UK Longevity Reinsurance business
- Support the monthly or quarterly Settlement reconciliation & payment process, including interacting with clients while providing exceptional service
- Coordinate with European service team on existence checking procedures and information auditing
- Serve as product team support for build, testing, and deployment of operational processes, systems and tools
- Provide support for creation and maintenance of operational calendar, SharePoint site, process documentation and other operational materials and guides
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 2-4+ years of relevant work experience
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to manage time effectively in order to meet client and project deadlines
- Strong customer service skills/customer centricity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance is a plus
- Knowledge of reinsurance business
- Knowledge of defined benefit pensions and/or pension risk transfer
- Knowledge of insurance company operations
- Experience working with MS SharePoint
Retirement & Income Solutions
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $651 billion of total assets under management as of September 30, 2020. We are ranked #48 on the Fortune 500 list for 2020. In 2019, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fourth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies.
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 116783