Responsible for development of advanced analytical solutions for the enterprise. Works closely with clients and biostatisticians to design and implement well-formed Research solutions integrated with enterprise tools such as data management solutions, national standards such as i2b2, Epic Caboodle data marts, the enterprise data warehouse, and other self-service capabilities supporting data mining, ad hoc cohort reporting and advanced analytics.
Performs specific job responsibilities:
- Designs minorly complex research solutions in collaboration with clients and biostatisticians to satisfy the reporting and advanced analytic needs of the research community, with optimized data management, data extraction and data exploration.
- Develops and maintains minorly complex research solutions in collaboration with clients and biostatisticians including data extracts, data analysis, data collection repositories, dimensional databases, and security infrastructure while adhering to technical solution standards and demonstrating flexibility when required. Designs and builds advanced research solutions across Epic and other data sources, including the responsibility of tying together multiple systems in an agnostic environment for optimal data management and analysis.
- Selects appropriate research solution tools, utilizing SAP Business Objects tools, SQL, REDCap, TriNetX, i2b2 services and Crystal Reports as required.
- Implements new functionality and new research solutions of minor complexity in collaboration with the clients, biostatisticians, and team members.
- Adheres to Change Management policies and processes to include timely reporting of all pertinent change information, effective discussion of the changes, internal and external communications, contingency planning, support of the change event and post-change reporting.
- Documents and maintains documentation of solutions of minor to moderate complexity including diagrams and flow charts illustrating research solution components.
- Demonstrates logical analysis, effective troubleshooting, issue tracking and communication. Coordinates cross-functional teams to resolve minorly complex issues. Identifies and escalates more complex issues to more senior BIDs for resolution.
- Participates in providing input to research application technical and functional design standards for minorly complex solutions.
- Participates with the clients and team members with the development of training programs and materials to train end-users.
- Adhere to all regulations related to research.
Be at your best with an organization that equips you to do so. Whose people unite in making lives better. At Carilion Clinic, we help communities stay healthy and our region grow stronger through compassionate care, medical education and research, and neighborhood outreach. As part of our team you can expect professional stability, strong technological resources, and the advancement potential of a regional leader.
Based in Roanoke, VA, we are an award-winning, community-based network of hospitals, primary and specialty physician practices, and affiliations with prestigious academic medical institutions. Explore how joining a regional leader can enhance your ability to learn, grow, and succeed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, health care business or equivalent experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
Minimum: 1+ years of relevant experience required.
Minimum: 1 year working with enterprise data sources and research support tools.
Preferred: Research and healthcare knowledge. Working knowledge and experience with Epic and/or the Enterprise data warehouse.
Experience supporting technical service delivery relationships. Experience translating minorly complex research needs into designs and specifications. Experience managing projects, testing and quality control. Experience supporting application users. Experience with research application tools, which may be SAP or equivalent. Proficient with Microsoft Office applications such as Office, Project, Visio, SharePoint.
Licensure, certification, and/or registration: Maintain application vendor certifications as needed. Valid VA driver’s license. Preferred certifications: ITIL V3, CBAP, CBIP, CDMP, DGSP, PMP.
Other Minimum Qualifications:
• Strong listening skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills demonstrating proper business use of grammar and punctuation.
• Strong presentation skills clearly conveying information, ideas, concepts, and instructions to a variety of audiences.
• Meeting management skills including agendas, facilitation, minutes and time management
• Negotiation skills to resolve conflict and build cooperation.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
Collaboration: Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 80017
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CASB – Carilion Administrative Services Building
Shift Details: M-F 8-5 typically
Recruiter: CHRISTOPHER D FITZGERALD
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
This is Carilion Clinic …
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.