Dublin Office or V-Connected UK
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to contribute to the success of our iTwin Platform (PaaS) developer ecosystem. This is an exciting role within the company allowing you to interact with many different departments. You will have the opportunity to attract, recruit and onboard iTwin Platform developers to accelerate the adoption and value of Bentley’s iTwin Platform. The developer ecosystem consists of Independent Software Vendors, Systems Integrators, and Individual Developers.
In the Business Development role, you will work closely with product management, software development, and marketing while utilizing your business, relationship building, and strategic insight to deliver more value to our users. You will also identify new industry applications that can be built using Bentley’s iTwin Platform, along with the third-parties technology. This role is a unique mix of partner management and business development. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology and experience with digital twins, partner management, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Promote the adoption of Bentley’s iTwin Platform within key industry verticals: Building and Facilities, Communications, Discrete Manufacturing, Electric & Gas Utilities, Mapping & Surveying, Mining, Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Process Manufacturing, Rail & Transit, Roads & Highways and Water & Wastewater.
- Uncover and understand partner requirements to recommend and effectively position and sell iTwin Platform subscriptions.
- Leads exploratory, architecture, commercial and technical discussions with ISV’s, Systems Integrators and Individual Developers.
- Develop essential and influential relationships within these accounts by turning developer challenges and opportunities into unique business value.
- Present recommendations to stakeholders and negotiate contractual agreements and timeline commitments from both sides to deliver new and exciting applications into the market.
- Build, maintain and grow opportunity pipeline, effectively managing the iTwin Platform Journey process.
- Develop, communicate, and execute on the iTwin Platform strategy and work to drive innovation within your accounts.
- Create and manage business plans and ensure execution upon the plan by all parties.
- Present recommendations to stakeholders and negotiate contractual agreements and timeline commitments from both sides to deliver new and unique applications into the market.
- Conduct virtual demonstrations within various time zones and construct and deliver internal/external presentations effectively and professionally.
- Provide clear and concise communication of activities and accurately forecast business.
- Meet quarterly key results and strive to implement positive changes.
- A minimum of 25% travel is required.
What You Bring to The Team:
- B.S. or B.A., MBA a plus
- 5 years of experience in business development and/or technical partnerships.
- Well-versed in the Industrial, AEC and or Infrastructure markets.
- Experience with Bentley software, or similar.
- Knowledge of the platform-as-a-service (PaaS) market, our accounts, competitors and market trends would be advantageous.
- Ability to manage and orchestrate complex large-scale cross-functional (internal and external teams) projects/programs focusing on results.
- Working knowledge of technology trends and innovations in digital transformation.
- A proven ability to build the link between technology and business impact, with a strong understanding of business processes and operations.
- You know how to explain the digital twin landscape and can hold your own in exploratory technical conversations with potential partners.
- New business and growth attitude, always looking for new opportunities within your accounts to drive value for our users.
- Propensity to build a vast network and communicate at all levels of an organization effectively in a compelling manner.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills: able to formulate and articulate contractual, technical, financial, and value points with partners and internal teams.
- Expertise in building deep, long-lasting, trusted partnerships.
- Team player that is collaborative and thrives in a global team environment.
- Self-starter with strong desire to build something great; creative and open-minded; detail-oriented; embraces feedback.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary and benefits.
- Being an integral part of the Global Team for a world-leading software company providing solutions for architecture, engineering and construction.
- The opportunity to work within a global and diversely international team.
- A fun, supportive and collaborative environment.
- Colleague Recognition Awards.
- Social and team building events.
- Excellent transport links to the office.
Who We Are:
Bentley Systems (Nasdaq: BSY) is the infrastructure engineering software company. We provide innovative software to advance the world’s infrastructure – sustaining both the global economy and environment. Our industry-leading software solutions are used by professionals, and organizations of every size, for the design, construction, and operations of roads and bridges, rail and transit, water and wastewater, public works and utilities, buildings and campuses, and industrial facilities. Our offerings include MicroStation-based applications for modeling and simulation, ProjectWise for project delivery, AssetWise for asset and network performance, and the iTwin platform for infrastructure digital twins. Bentley Systems employs more than 4,000 colleagues and generates annual revenues of more than $800 million in 172 countries. www.bentley.com
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Bentley is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers for employment all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, religion/belief, national origin, caste, age, or any other characteristic protected by local law or unrelated to job qualifications.