Business Development Manager Endoscopy – Nordics
Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
Location: This role can be based across the Nordics, remotely. WIth a travel expectation post COVID-19.
This role oversees the overall implementation of business development activities, working actively with multiple stakeholders externally as well as internally to maximize the potential of new and existing products as well as other business-related opportunities such as distributors, capital equipment solutions and private market development. In this role you will work in close cooperation with NSM.
- Work closely with distributors to understand their market and opportunities.
- Set distributor sales targets in line with market expectations.
- Elevate performance of Distributor in Baltics region through tailored marketing and business development programs.
- Provide monthly report to management on distributor performance, risks and proposals.
Capital Sales Solutions:
- Collaborate closely with the NSM to define, build and execute our capital equipment and service offering.
- Assess competitive intelligence, evaluating future development direction in capital equipment and solutions.
- Monitor existing and new players with a focus on Imaging Technologies and work with CML/NSM to develop new strategies.
Private Market Development:
- Work closely with divisional management to identify private market for Endoscopy.
- Develop solutions that enables us to compete.
Development Activities in Low Market Regions:
- Initiate and drive development activities in low market share regions.
- Develop and execute on bespoke market development programs to meet specific local needs.
- Cooperate closely with Management Teams within the area of geographical responsibility.
- Execute on strategies to accelerate clinical uptake of new clinical techniques and technologies that benefit patient care.
Portfolio Upstream/New Product Launch:
- Partner with NSM colleagues to gather KOL feedback, validate assumptions and support the definition of customer targeting, segmentation and message definition for pre-launch assessment.
- Engage KOLs in pre-launch activities (may include participation in expert meetings, pre-launch product evaluations, collection of specific voice of customer feedback, preparation and delivery of sales force training activities).
Franchise AOP Development and Execution:
- Facilitate information flows between Internal stakeholders; integrate Country feedback in the Franchise AOP and Nordic Sales Manager.
- Working closely with Local Marketing and EAM engage with clinical stakeholder groups beyond the endoscopy suite to develop relevant programs that support the uptake of new clinical techniques and technologies.
- Work in close partnership with local sales organisation (both NSM and EAM and TIM).
- Coordinate KOL segmentation, assign KOL owner (if necessary) and coordinate visit planning to avoid overlapping.
- Ensure continuous update of KOL profile on Sales Cloud.
- Identify opportunities to enable the achievement of business objectives through effective KOL engagement and leverage.
Additional responsibilities in each element can be provided on request.
Key Skills Required:
- Previous Medical Device/Medtech experience is required
- Experience in working in Endoscopy is preferred, but not essential – All technical medical device disciplines will be considered
- Previous Medical Device sales experience is essential, sales management with Medical Devices would be a nice to have
- Product Launch experience with customers is preferred
- Management of Distributors would be a nice to have
- Experience of working on developing new commerical programs/models
- An attention to detail is required
- Strong stakeholder management is essential – Internal/External/KOL/Distributors etc.
- Have the ability to travel across the Nordics and Baltics post COVID-19 is essential – 3 to 4 times a month
- Traveling during the week is required post COVID-19 is essential
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen. If you are interested then discover our career opportunities at bostonscientific.com/careers.
Please apply online with your CV and supporting documents at: http://jobs.bostonscientific.com.