Job Title: Business Continuity Project Manager Job Objective: Business continuity at Corning is a proactive framework to avoid and mitigate risks associated with a disruption of operations. It deals with the safety and restoration of critical personnel, locations, and operational procedures after a disaster. The Corning Crisis Response Policy (CCRP) serves as the framework for Business Continuity at Corning and is based on the ISO 22301 standard; The Corning Crisis Response Policy (CCRP) is a guiding framework that management uses to shape their decisions and actions in response to active or emerging crisis events. The Business Continuity Project Manager will lead a small team to deploy Business Continuity throughout Corning’s global footprint. This individual will be able to communicate the benefits and requirements of Corning’s Business Continuity Framework in an achievable, approachable manner to non-Business Continuity professionals. The successful candidate will champion the continued roll-out of Corning’s Business Continuity Framework to all Businesses and contribute to the Business Continuity Center of Excellence creation and Operation. Scope of the position may also include co-ownership of Corning’s Business Continuity & Risk Management system and participation in and leading Corporate Professional Councils (i.e. Business Continuity Council). This position reports to the Manager, Business Continuity Office. The Business Continuity Office is part of Corning Global Security’s Risk & Resiliency function.
• As a representative of the Business Continuity Office and the Business Continuity Center of Excellence, this Project Manager will independently lead projects to continue the launch of Corning’s Business Continuity Management Framework and processes throughout Corning’s Business Units.
• Work with business unit leadership and a small team to implement Business Continuity Management Framework according to Corning’s phased deployment approach.
• Identify and recommend appropriate business continuity strategies to respond to various loss scenarios.
• Onboard MAP Business Continuity Program Managers to Corning’s business continuity processes, including advisement on the further build-out of their Business Continuity Management Framework (their MAP business roadmap deployment strategies).
• Initiate and lead BC Reviews with the MAP BC Program Managers on regular review of BIAs, Risk Assessments, BC Business roll-out plans, training plans, audit plans and continuous BC improvement initiatives.
• Assist the business leadership and MAP Business Continuity Program Managers in developing and running semi-live and live crisis exercises.
• Assist with the build-out and ongoing refresh to Corning’s Business Continuity Center of Excellence, including SOPs, training programs, tools, templates and maturity assessments.
• Define and execute on plans for collecting and presenting key performance metrics to communicate program effectiveness.
• Apply structured Project Management practices to ensure all projects are run in a rigorous manner and key project metrics are always addressed; scope, schedule and budget. Lead all aspects of project management from Initiation, Planning, Implementation & Control and Closure • Prepare and present clear and succinct reports and presentations to various stakeholder groups.
• Practice adaptive management style to effectively lead projects in a global operating arena, effectively working with different cultures on international assignments.
• Support the Business Continuity Center of Excellence five year strategy and roadmap Performance metrics:
• Overall success in advancing projects that support the Business Continuity annual objectives
• Schedule objectives and provide 360ₒ feedback.
• Project Quality and Performance measures as defined in each MAP Business Continuity Project Charter which includes project scope, project deliverables and success criteria
Required Education and certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree.
Travel Requirements: Moderate, ~25% travel, domestic and international
• Minimum of 8 years direct experience as a Project or Program Manager with a proven track record of success
• Minimum of 5 years direct experience rolling out a business continuity program in a publicly traded company(ies), in an in-house or consulting role.
• Demonstrated understanding of the ISO 22301 business continuity methodology or ABCP or CBCP Certifications
• Proven expertise in business impact analysis (BIA)
• Strong analytical skills and affinity for process rigor.
• Comfortable taking independent action with limited supervision.
• Able to effectively communicate project/initiative status, articulate roadblocks.
• Able to identify issues and opportunities for improvement and recommend solutions.
• Manage work details accurately and efficiently while keeping “the big picture” in focus.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills to various levels in the organization.
• Strong computer skills in Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
Required Soft Skills:
• Understand and adhere to the Corning Values
• Eager to learn and continuously improve skills, knowledge and abilities
• Flexible, self-motivated, efficient; detail oriented
• Holds high performance standards as both an individual contributor and team member
• Comfortable communicating at various levels in a matrixed organization
• Good judgment and discernment with limited direct supervision
• Preferred Skills/experience:
• Project Management skills; Project Management certifications would be beneficial.
• Analysis skills with advanced Excel and PowerBI skills/knowledge
• Experience implementing and/or using third party Business Continuity systems or similar software programs • Experience in manufacturing, industrial or retail industries, highly valued
• Experience rolling out new initiatives internationally, highly valued
• ABCP, CBCP, ISO 22301 or other similar professional certification helpful
• Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt, highly valued