Req Id: 312472
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell IT team uses emerging technologies, Agile and DevOps to design and build innovative solutions that enable Bell’s communications services for businesses and consumers. We’re looking for creative problem-solvers who are curious, collaborative and ready to be on the leading edge of technological transformation.
Bell’s goal is to advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world, enabled by a strategy that builds on our competitive strengths and embraces the new opportunities of the integrated digital future. In a new world of communication possibilities, Bell is committed to bringing the best digital connections and next-generation services to Canadians, with customer experience at the centre of everything we do.
As part of that commitment, we want to make sure that every customer has the chance to get the very most from their Bell digital experience. Accessing the products and services we offer online should be an easy for everyone. That is why we are committed to making our digital space accessible and inclusive for customers of all abilities.
Some of our major Accessibility initiatives include:
- Adoption of the W3C’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level A+AA
- Creating a full accessibility framework with policies, procedures, and practices to instill accessibility adoption across the organization
- Training and empowering our content creators and user experience designers to understand their role and accessibility
- Making accessibility a key component of our development cycle
Reporting to the BCE Accessibility Senior Program Manager, the Business Analyst works closely with other members of the Accessibility Program Office to implement Accessibility policy and compliance initiatives across our BCE companies. The business analyst is accountable to develop and implement process improvements, training and quality assurance initiatives that follow WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) across the BCE companies.
- Work closely with other team members in the BCE Accessibility Program Office to implement a quality assurance and compliance program
- Work closely with other members of the BCE Accessibility Program Office to create policies and guidelines that align with dynamic code and comply with company brand standards and project management frameworks
- Conduct ongoing audits or assessments of the various websites and applications across the BCE companies and provide remediation recommendations
- Collaborate with the team to implement accessibility solutions
- Work closely with Bell’s testing partner to ensure accessibility testing best practices are followed
- Train and mentor peers on accessibility best practices
- May be required to develop and execute Digital Accessibility Test cases including testing with various assistive technologies
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- Post secondary degree or diploma preferably with a focus on business or information technology focus
- 5+ years in a Business Analysis role or a Digital Accessibility Specialist role
- Strong working knowledge of WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) 2.0 and 2.1
- Strong working knowledge of federal and provincial accessibility requirements such as AODA (Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act) and ACA (Accessible Canada Act)
- Strong working knowledge of how various digital accessibility assistive technologies such as screen readers, refreshable braille displays, screen magnifiers, etc. are used
Preferred Skills, Competencies and Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Strong analytical skills (ability to quickly determine the problem space and organize it into simple components through data mining, statistical analysis and quantitative analysis)
- Strong technical writing skills (ability to write clearly and concisely)
- Strong troubleshooting skills (ability to uncover trouble rapidly and provide resolution)
- Proven leadership and organization skills
- Excellent ability to articulate and document technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Autonomous, resourceful, strong tolerance to ambiguity, excellent capacity for applied learning
- Experience using assistive technologies is considered an asset
Bell is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment. If you contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
Location: Canada – all provinces
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga || Canada : Alberta : Calgary || Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton || Canada : New Brunswick : Saint John || Canada : Nova Scotia : Bedford || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Val-d’Or
Application Deadline: 09/28/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.