You will be joining the Business Analysis team here at KPMG. We work closely with our financial services clients to solve their business problems and drive out technology enabled change, whether this is motivated by regulatory transformation, optimizing operational efficiencies or enhancing customer journeys etc…. We drive effective delivery by ensuring key stakeholders are engaged in designing, adopting changes and retain accountability to maximize lasting benefits over the long term.
As a Manager, you will be joining a collaborative and energetic team. Our team covers a broad range of domains underpinned by key career paths.
We are looking for a proactive individual who is passionate about business analysis, working with clients, has a thirst to learn and is excited to support us in growing our team.
You will be expected to be a strong BA, with a proven track record of advising clients and delivering on large projects. To excel in this role, you must be able to apply the fundamental skills of a business analyst, understand its importance in marketplace and why the role is critical for our current and potential clients.
Industry Knowledge & Experience
• Core understanding and experience working in retail and commercial banking including an understanding of target operating models and banking processes eg. Account opening activities, payments process etc…
• Experience working across regulatory driven change eg. AML, KYC etc…
• Experience working on strategic digital transformation projects eg. Customer journey and outreach optimisation.
• Experience delivering technology whilst working with industry standard delivery methodologies eg. Agile.
• Familiarity with several tier 1 retail and commercial banking organisations specifically gained through delivery of business-led technology projects.
• Able to engage in credible conversations with clients by demonstrating insight into retail banking, commercial banking, regulatory driven change and digital transformation including trends, challenges, market conventions and priorities.
Fundamental skills include:
• Strong stakeholder management skills, ability to explain complex solutions in an engaging and understandable way
• Ability to make a high impact in one on one / group / workshop situations with the intention of influencing others to move toward a common vision or goal
• Leading workshops, driving out requirements and ensuring stakeholders take accountability
• Ability to work with technical and business teams alike understanding the difference in language to support effective delivery
• Defines current state processes by engaging with the client and reports these processes
• Ability to use a mixture of stakeholder feedback, documentation and data to design processes and solutions that meet business needs
• Discusses “to be” state of the functional operating model design with the client to ensure all low level requirements are captured
• Translating solutions into functional and non-functional requirements
• Translating requirements into appropriate requirement documents (e.g. functional specification documents, user stories/acceptance criteria, wireframes) and gain stakeholder sign off
• Able to demonstrate traceability from requirement through to business outcome to ensure objectives are met
• Experience using software delivery tools (e.g. JIRA/Confluence/Microsoft TFS)
• Working with the programme lead to deliver the programme outcomes, completing associated status updates and attending governance meetings where required
• Present concepts to senior stakeholders in a concise and focused manner
As this is a manager level consulting role, you will be expected to:
• Provide compelling and well thought out solutions to complex client problems
• Take accountability and lead workstreams in client projects and internal initiatives
• Identify profitable opportunities and sell-on client work
• Support the sales lifecycle, leading on proposal development and internal risk processes
• Contribute in supporting market propositions/capability and wider practice development
• Have a keen interest in future technology trends and use these to develop and drive market propositions/capability
• Be an excellent communicator (oral and written), with a high standard of English which you apply to deliverables
Our Business Analysis team is growing at a fast pace and as this continues we want to ensure we are fostering an enjoyable and supportive place to work. Therefore we are seeking people with high energy who can:
• Build lasting client relationships with client stakeholders, actively building a network and range of experience to help address client needs
• Build constructive working relationships within KPMG and the industry across different teams, functions and countries at all levels
• Work with subject matter experts and project teams to identify, define, collate, document and communicate requirements
• Support the growth of the practice through internal initiatives and support winning new business through developing bid responses
• Inspire change and make an impact within the team and in a client organisation
• Coach and develop junior colleagues
• Have in-depth current sector experience in either Banking and Capital Markets
• Prior consulting experience is desirable, but not essential
With our team experiencing rapid growth you will take a lead in building and developing the business analysis capability and helping our people grow.
When you come on board we will really value the skills and experience you bring to the table, in turn we will provide an environment that will help you develop and progress in your career journey. Our team is growing so you will have ample opportunities to develop your skills and experiences and grow your career. Not only will you develop on the job through working on a range of projects for various clients across FS, but we will ensure you receive training to bolster your knowledge in the pillars you are interested in, receive tailored career advice via your performance manager, pillar leads and mentors and improve your managerial skills by leading small teams.