Req Id: 316159
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell IT team uses emerging technologies, Agile and DevOps to design and build innovative solutions that enable Bell’s communications services for businesses and consumers. We’re looking for creative problem-solvers who are curious, collaborative and ready to be on the leading edge of technological transformation.
Accelerate your professional growth and development through career mobility. Our philosophy is to fill vacancies with qualified internal candidates before hiring externally, offering you countless ways to shape your future.
The IT team supporting Field Management Services (FMS) is looking for a talented Business Analyst – Systems to accomplish the delivery of IT solutions. The successful candidate will work in a virtual team environment, and will partner with other IT teams such as Planning, Project Management, Architecture, Infrastructure, etc. as well as external vendors. We require a highly motivated individual, who thrives in a constantly changing and exciting environment; to apply creativity and innovation in the development of solutions essential to support FMS current & future success.
- Gathering and documenting the business requirements and then ensuring that the deliverables produced by the development effort conform to the business requirements.
- Beyond the facilitation of the up-front business requirements and system requirements gathering sessions and resulting documentation, the role also involves driving the system functional testing and user acceptance testing process, including preparation of acceptance criteria, review of the test plans and scenarios, review of test results as well as taking responsibility for end to end testing. The Business Analyst is key to investigate defects and determine if system works as per requirements or not. In some cases the Business Analyst – Systems also executes test cases and directly ensures system integrity.
- The management of the normalization period – defect management and communication to the operational team
- The Business Analyst – Systems is involved in reviewing key development and design deliverables, including interface specifications, integration requirements, data schemas, and design documentation, as well as the business’s implementation and conversion strategies and plans.
- Contributing to the project planning and administration.
- The Business Analyst – Systems contributes in the project charter documentation, business requirements documentation, solution design reviews, process documentation, test plan and test case creation. In addition, the Business Analyst – Systems helps co-ordinate the project by arranging project meetings, resolution of roadblocks, following up on issues and sign-offs, producing status documentation and informing team members of decisions made.
Essential skills and competencies:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, and 3 yrs + work experience in a discipline such as:
- Business Analysis – Systems
- Senior Programmer/Designer or Systems Analyst
- Process modeling
- Multi-tiered application development, infrastructure and networking concepts and practices
- Leading multi-disciplinary JAD sessions
- Dealing with multiple vendors in the creation of end to end solutions
- Data mapping
- SQL queries
- You are analytical and understand the basic principles of working with large and complex data sets
- You have the ability to leverage insights from data and metrics to make recommendations
- You have knowledge of, and preferably experience with, visualization tools
- You are able to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset in Ontario and a requirement in Quebec
- You are a self starter who is comfortable working with and presenting to all management levels (up to Executive VP)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
- Leadership experience defining requirements and solutions related to operational processes
- You have knowledge of the project life cycle and the Agile and / or Waterfall methodology
- Absolute ability to see the business problem and business solution in the eyes of the customer
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, Visio)
- Experience with data systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, SAS or others
- Knowledge of the Field Services domain, tools / processes
- Experience with BI and data warehouse technologies
- Experience in Telecommunications
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Toronto || Canada : Ontario : London || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Application Deadline: 01/03/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.