You will be joining the Business Analysis team here at KPMG. We work closely with our financial services clients to solve their business problems and drive out technology enabled change, whether this is motivated by regulatory transformation, optimizing operational efficiencies or enhancing customer journeys etc…. We drive effective delivery by ensuring key stakeholders are engaged in designing, adopting changes and retain accountability to maximize lasting benefits over the long term.
As an Assistant Manager, you will be joining a collaborative and energetic team. Our team covers a broad range of domains underpinned by key career paths which you can align to or become a hybrid.
We are looking for a proactive individual who is passionate about business analysis, working with clients, has a thirst to learn and is excited to support us in growing our team.
You will be expected to be a strong BA, with a proven track record of advising clients and delivering on large projects. To excel in this role, you must be able to apply the fundamental skills of a business analyst, understand its importance in marketplace and why the role is critical for our current and potential clients.
Industry Knowledge & Experience
• Core understanding and experience working in retail and commercial banking including an understanding of target operating models and banking processes eg. Account opening activities, payments process etc…
• Experience working across regulatory driven change eg. AML, KYC etc…
• Experience working on strategic digital transformation projects eg. Customer journey and outreach optimisation.
• Experience delivering technology whilst working with industry standard delivery methodologies eg. Agile.
• Familiarity with tier 1 retail and commercial banking organisations specifically gained through delivery of business-led technology projects.
Fundamental skills include:
• Experience in stakeholder management, ability to explain complex solutions in an engaging and understandable way
• Ability to make an impact in one-on-one / group / workshop situations with the intention of influencing others to move toward a common vision or goal
• Contributing to and leading workshops, driving out requirements and ensuring stakeholders take accountability
• Ability to work with technical and business teams alike and understanding the difference in language to support effective delivery
• Ability to define current state processes by engaging with the client and reporting on these processes
• Ability to use a mixture of stakeholder feedback, documentation and data to design processes and solutions that meet business needs
• Discusses “to be” state of the functional operating model design with the client to ensure all low level requirements are captured
• Possesses knowledge of functional and non-functional requirements and has the ability to write these into a design document
• Translating requirements into appropriate requirement documents (e.g. functional specification documents, user stories/acceptance criteria, wireframes) and gain stakeholder sign off
• Able to demonstrate traceability from requirement through to business outcome to ensure objectives are met
• Experience using software delivery tools (e.g. JIRA/Confluence/Microsoft TFS)
• Experience in delivering software using both Agile and Waterfall methodology
• Has experience with programme governance and reporting mechanisms e.g. status updates, project reporting
• Present concepts to stakeholders in a concise and focused manner
As this is an Assistant Manager level consulting role, you will be expected to:
• Provide well thought out solutions to complex client problems
• Take accountability and work as part of workstreams in client projects and internal initiatives
• Support the sales lifecycle, assisting on proposal development and internal risk processes
• Contribute in supporting a market proposition/capability and wider practice contribution
• Have a keen interest in future technology trends and use these to develop and drive market propositions/capability
• Be an excellent communicator (oral and written), with a high standard of English which you apply to deliverables
• Work as an integral part of KPMG Management Consulting to execute process transformation, measurable improved operational performance, and organizational restructuring.
• Work with client businesses throughout the project lifecycle by leveraging business performance improvement approaches and frameworks and helping to ensure timely execution of project deliverables
• Provide service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches.
• Work with senior managers to develop and present KPMG Advisory offerings to the market.
Our Business Analysis team is growing at a fast pace and as this continues, we want to ensure we are fostering an enjoyable and supportive place to work. Therefore, we are seeking people with high energy who can:
• Build lasting client relationships with client stakeholders, actively building a network and range of experience to help address client needs
• Build constructive working relationships within KPMG and the industry across different teams, functions and countries at all levels
• Work with subject matter experts and project teams to identify, define, collate, document and communicate requirements
• Support the growth of the practice through internal initiatives and support winning new business through developing bid responses
• Inspire change and make an impact within the team and in a client organisation
• Have good knowledge or experience in either Banking or Capital Markets
• Prior consulting experience is desirable, but not essential
With our team experiencing rapid growth you will take a lead in building and developing the business analysis capability and helping our people grow.
When you come on board, we will really value the skills and experience you bring to the table, in turn we will provide an environment that will help you develop and progress in your career journey. Our team is growing so you will have ample opportunities to develop your skills and experiences and grow your career. Not only will you develop on the job through working on a range of projects for various clients across FS, but we will ensure you receive training to bolster your knowledge in the pillars you are interested in, receive tailored career advice via your performance manager, pillar leads and mentors.