Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
# 107624 – San Diego, California, United States
We are Hill’s – a caring, innovative growth company reimagining a healthier future for all people, their pets, and our planet. We are part of Colgate-Palmolive a leading global consumer products company with a portfolio in Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition.
At Hill’s we have a purpose! Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through groundbreaking innovation, outstanding nutrition, and committed people.
Our strong culture of collaboration, diversity, sustainability and inclusion is rooted in our core values of Caring, Global Teamwork and Continuous Improvement. Employees are rewarded by rich career development and experiences.
We pride ourselves on our work life balance, our focus on delivering high ethical standards and our dedication to developing our employees. With many local benefits such as Summer Hours, Live Better activities, Product Parcels and Health Checks
About the Role:
The primary responsibility for the Business Account Manager (BAM) is to customize and implement Hill’s retail environment & brand strategies to grow market share and retail store associate brand recommendation at Petco. This role develops and executes customer specific 6P (product, place, price, promotion, POP and protocol) plans to achieve the Hill’s commercial goals of net sales, share, margin, while spending within spend guidelines.
The focus of this position is a large, complex omnichannel customer with high sales, high store counts, large geographical footprint, strong marketplace influence, high customer sophistication, and other customer complexities, strong leadership is needed to engage customers at the highest level with strategic plans.
The ideal candidate:
- The Business Account Manager (BAM) must compile and analyze information from multiple data sources including customer consumption data and apply current business trends, Hill’s corporate strategies, customer strategies, Category/shopper insights, and post analysis of executed activities in plan development.
- Develop, execute and monitor the 6P plans versus goal for large, omnichannel Hill’s customer.
- Develop and maintain process/plan to analyze each customer’s business. Evaluate business trends, shopper insights, and learning’s from post analysis of executed activities, which includes high utilization of customer consumption data.
- Develop and execute annual strategic plans and initiatives to achieve the commercial goals. Engage customer on category growth expectations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with both the customer and internal commercial teams – Marketing, Supply Chain, and Store Operations
- Customize specific shopper programs with Hill’s shopper marketing, demonstrating Hill’s brand strategies to drive incremental retail sales
- Build and maintain Colgate Business Planner to reflect baseline sales and promotion plans. Manage customer payments
- Understand Retail Category Development principles in developing category and brand solutions for each customer that will drive the Hill’s business.
- Collaborate with Hill’s BDM & Retail Marketing team to execute the Hill’s retail environment and brand strategy within investment guidelines
- Drive forward actions in monthly customer planning meetings to review actuals plus plan-to-go with manager, BDM & Finance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
What you’ll need…
- BS / BA degree or equivalent – required
- Minimum of 7 years customer development/sales experience – required
- Strong computer skills in Excel, Power Point, Google Suite – preferred
Expected areas of skills:
- Pursues strong influence and negotiations skills for win-win solutions with persistence, compromise, and respect
- Seeks to discover common ground, identify vital interests, and understand the customer’s underlying priorities
- Strong analytical skills to develop 6P recommendations that result in optimized consumption based on consumption data, shopper and consumer insights
- Handle ambiguity and strategize solutions for the customer’s business and 6P plan performance and quickly develop alternative plans as needed
- Works effectively across functions, channels, and categories to align priorities, solve problems, optimize resources, and drive effective execution
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Hill’s Pet Nutrition? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill’s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills’ mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL’S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL’S® Science Diet® and HILL’S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill’s is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill’s and Colgate, please visit http://www.hillspet.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.