With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
As a Bottling Mechanic with E. & J. Gallo Winery, you will be responsible for providing advanced mechanical maintenance and repair support for winery Bottling Operations. Adheres to all safety procedures, support quality and GMP standards.
What you will do
- Leads machinery trouble-shooting; documents repairs made.
- Identifies and reports need for repairs to Bottling Maintenance Supervisor.
- Replaces or repairs defective parts.
- Reassembles or repairs defective parts.
- Reassembles equipment and tests for conformance to specifications.
- Works on assigned projects; responds to emergency maintenance calls.
- Disassembles malfunctioning equipment; examines and tests mechanisms on large and small pieces of machinery.
What you need
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 6 years of building maintenance, mechanical maintenance, or production maintenance experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Associate's degree/Certificate of completion from an accredited industrial trade program plus 4 years of maintenance experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR completion of a technical military school/certification plus 4 years of maintenance experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience working in a manufacturing, production, industrial mechanical or automotive environment.
- Required to work assigned shift (day, swing, and graveyard) and weekends and overtime as needed.
- Required to conduct work at heights.
- Required to lift and carry tools and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Required to work in a tight and confined space.
- Required to provide own basic hand tools.
- Experienced in reading and comprehending simple instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Experienced in writing simple correspondence and procedures.
What will set you apart
- High School diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 7 years of mechanical or automotive maintenance experience working on equipment or industrial motors and pumps reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Associates degree or 2-year Technical Degree in Mechanical or Automotive Maintenance and Repair plus 5 years of mechanical or automotive maintenance experience working on equipment or industrial motors and pumps reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future
To view a full job description, please click here.
Job Posting ID: 79801
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.