The Biostatistician II for the department of obstetrics and gynecology (OB/GYN) provides timely and accurate datasets for Research projects and others Department areas conducting analyses. This role will provide programming that supports other members of the research group with data/ statistical issues as well as translate data from ORACLE to SAS/EXCEL formats. Access to bio-statistical expertise is essential for developing rigorous scientific contributions. Collaboration with bio-statistical faculty leverages critical interdepartmental resources and expenditure of finite departmental support.
Biostatistics Resources are OB/GYN faculty, with priority given to learners with time restrictions for educational purposes. Support is also available to faculty mentors who are conducting research with trainees.
- Select and use appropriate data mining technique
- Provide reports to administration, as needed.
- Work on additional data and research projects as needed such assisting with data warehouse and data visualization tasks.
Education / skills required:
- Bachelor’s degree (Statistics, Epidemiology or related field) required ; Master’s preferred
- One (1) year experience working with large databases in a health/medical setting
- Three (3) years’ work experience required
- Proficiency with Excel, Tableau and other statistical software.
- Experience with and certification in software and applications required (STATA, SPSS, SQL) and support will be offered to learn new applications and platforms as need or aptitude is demonstrated (R, NVIvo, Dedose).
Department: OB/GYN Bargaining Unit: Non Union Campus: EINSTEIN Employment Status: Regular Full-Time Address: 1695 Eastchester Road, Bronx
Shift: Day Scheduled Hours: 8:30 AM-5 PM Req ID: 145743
Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.