Requisition #: 67137
Provides complete and timely repair, calibration, and preventive maintenance of required equipment faster and more economically than any outside vendor in support of Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta’s mission, vision, and values. Performs all assigned duties and tasks in an effective, efficient manner in compliance with all appropriate regulatory agency requirements that govern the department’s operations. Proactively supports efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and promote a safe environment at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
- Associate’s degree in biomedical technology or equivalent
- No professional certifications required
- One year of experience or apprenticeship in biomedical engineering
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Familiar with proper operation of all test equipment (e.g., digital volt meters, scopes)
- Proficient in various PC hardware/software applications and equipment database programs
- Technical knowledge of current standards, codes, and procedures regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment through instruction
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent follow through skills
- Ability to test, repair, and calibrate selected equipment
- Diagnoses problems, repairs to circuit board level, and re-calibrates equipment.
- Tracks, schedules, and completes preventive maintenance checks by due dates.
- Performs safety and functional checks of all specified equipment, and makes sure equipment is properly tested before being returned to service.
- Supports and participates in the continuous assessment and improvement of the quality of care and services provided.
- Enhances and maintains technical knowledge of current standards, codes, and procedures regarding safe and effective use of medical equipment through instruction.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistance
Bending/Stooping – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Standing – Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Walking – Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1405 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322
Function: Facilities – Engineering/Facility Mgmt