Requisition Number: 46721
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
The purpose of this position is: Works in Biocoat and/or Reagents areas. Coats a variety of Biocoat products that meet required specifications using automated and/or manual procedures. Manufactures multiple biological products, primarily Matrigel using well defined processes. The position includes significant duties, such as:
• Performs coatings of all standard biocoat products.
• Makes buffers and sets up production runs. Prepares and tests tissue fractions.
• May assist in quality control testing on a variety of products.
• Performs cell isolations, culture, and cryopreservation of primary cells and/or cultured cell lines.
• Interacts with Quality Assurance to identify non-conformance issues.
• Manufactures products using centrifugation, buffer extractions, filtration, and dialysis methods.
• Assembles kits and performs simple vialing and media production.
• Uses ERP system to perform production transactions.
• Participates in other plant activities including Kaizens and 5S blitzes.
Working Conditions: Good working conditions. Works in clean rooms, general lab, and cold room ranging from 2 to minus 8 degrees Celsius, where specified PPE for each area is required. Frequently lifts and/or moves material and/or objects up to 50 pounds. May handle hazardous material in controlled environment.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required.
Experience: 1-3 years experience required working in a laboratory, life sciences environment.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.