Req Id: 330451
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Our Network team plans, designs, builds and operates Bell’s multi-billion dollar networks, including the continued expansion of our fibre optic network, Wireless — Canada’s largest and fastest wireless network.
The service we provide is the foundation of Bell’s competitive advantage and a critical step towards achieving Bell’s goal to be recognized by customers as Canada’s leading communications company.
The National Network Operations Centre (NNOC) is a strategic group at the heart of the network management function at Bell. NNOC staff is responsible for service assurance and for the reliability of network elements throughout the national network (across Canada and into the United States). During major events, group members are in great demand as they assume responsibility for coordinating all the information that must be disseminated to the various parties involved. Working in this extremely high tech environment, the NNOC specialist will be called upon to respond quickly to all inquiries concerning network status, outage updates and event follow-up.
With responsibility for the network 24 hours a day, the NNOC specialist looks after service assurance and is constantly dealing with situations that could put the network at risk. Consequently, the manager must react promptly and make appropriate decisions aimed at ensuring network reliability and optimal availability. Because of the relationships that must be established with several internal groups as well as collaborators outside the organization, this position provides the incumbent with an opportunity for enhanced knowledge of the network while expanding his technical competencies.
In addition, this position requires the incumbent to deal with a large number of contingencies and to serve as liaison between senior management and operational staff.
Duties and accountabilities:
- As part of his duties, the NNOC specialist will ensure the round-the-clock integrity of Bell Canada’s entire network.
- On a daily basis, the NNOC specialist will be called upon to:
- Reduce the impact of network outages by ensuring coordination between the various technical groups involved. During off-normal hours, the manager will be required to manage threats and releases on equipment that could impact the network.
- Reduce the number of network outages by monitoring various network components jointly with the surveillance teams on site. The manager is also responsible for activating traffic re-routing and recovery plans as required.
- Reduce the length of outages or restoration time by ensuring that necessary information reaches the individuals or groups who are primarily involved.
- Interface with the Emergency Operations Planning and Media Relations groups during major events.
- Escalate any out-of-control events to the appropriate group or individuals.
The ideal candidate for this position must have a diploma in electronics option “telecom”. Basic knowledge of Bell Canada network, combined with the ability to make decisions quickly and to manage risk would be an asset. Consideration could be given to applicants with an in-depth technical knowledge of Bell’s network and, more specifically, its transport network components.
Required competencies and skills:
- Enthusiastic about the idea of discovering telecom network technologies
- Bilingual (English-French)
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Project management skills: coordinate various project aspects; monitor and ensure
- completion of work processes
- Able to work independently with a minimum of supervision; possess strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The National Network Operations Centre (NNOC) operates 24/7. You will therefore be required to work off-normal shifts on a rotating basis. The NNOC interfaces directly with several surveillance teams involved with various technologies. You will be required to work closely with network surveillance technicians.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Montreal || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 10/22/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Elliot Lake
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.