Additional Locations: US-MN-Minnetonka; US-MA-Marlborough; US-MN-Maple Grove
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About this Role:
The Global Service Finance team is looking for a highly motivated Financial Data Analyst to join our organization. This individual will be responsible for supporting Boston Scientific’s Capital Equipment Finance Organization in the areas of Financial Reporting, data analytics, product profitability analysis and process improvements.
This position requires an individual with strong analytical, communication, planning, accounting and business partnership skills. The analyst will provide financial support to the Service and Capital leadership team and will have direct interaction with Senior Management team members within the business supported. The role will also involve partnership with our Divisional Finance Partners and play a key role in the Capital Equipment Community of Practice.
MN OR MA
- Design & develop financial models to support planning, forecasting and profitability at a product and customer account level.
- Design, develop and maintain various Financial and KPI Models, tools and dashboards leveraging Excel, Tableau & PowerBI software as appropriate with the aim of supporting decision making and providing insight to the business team.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly close activities to support the accurate and timely Global Capital Equipment & Service P&L Accounts
- Work as a business partner with the functions to help identify and analyze financial results and partner on key initiatives to improve results.
- Keep up-to-date with technical and financial knowledge of Financial and Capital Equipment Accounting Standards
- Support the Commercial Team with Pricing & Gross Margin Analysis for various Go To Market Models
- Creating and maintaining models to value potential go to market models and business opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Excellent attention to detail and data accuracy
- Very strong analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be a quick learner and able to engage well with internal and external customers
- Strong Excel & powerpoint skills required and experience with Financial tools (Hyperion (Oracle), SAP, PPMS) preferred
- Exposure to business intelligent reporting tools such as Tableau / Power BI is highly desired
Quality System Requirements:
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 30 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare.
Requisition ID: 479978
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.