Work Schedule/Days: Day / Monday – Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Marcus Autism Center
Requisition #: 77783
Provides behavioral services to clients and families either directly or through the supervision of staff in accordance with the needs of the ages of the population served. Provides parent, teacher, and staff training and consultation. Monitors effectiveness and implementation of behavioral protocols in clinic, home, school, and other community settings.
• Master’s degree in psychology, education, or related field
· Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) or BCBA certification within 6 months of employment.
· Basic Life Support (BLS) within 30 days of employment
· Two years of experience in working with individuals with developmental disabilities or behavior disorders
· Experience in behavioral assessment and treatment
· Experience in supervising others and/or providing training and consultation
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Must be able to organize and manage time and manage multiple tasks
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of normal/abnormal growth and development throughout the age continuum
- Must be able to successfully pass the Basic Windows Skill Assessment at 80% or higher rating within 30 days of employment
1. Designs, implements, and monitors comprehensive behavioral assessment and behavioral treatment programs (for both behavior reduction and skill acquisition) for children, families, and community caregivers.
2. Coordinates case management activities and trains parents or other caregivers to implement treatment programs.
3. Designs and implements comprehensive behavioral assessment and behavioral treatment programs (for both behavior reduction and skill acquisition) in school, home, and other community settings.
4. Provides consultative services to parents, teachers, and other clinical/educational personnel, trains staff as needed, and coordinates home and school communication.
5. Develops and disseminates information related to departmental activities, services, and research.
6. Presents workshops and other training materials for internal and external stakeholders.
7. Conducts day-to-day supervision and training of clinical staff and trainees.
8. Prepares for and utilizes departmental supervision with supervisor and attends supervision sessions prepared with case files and up-to-date treatment plans and protocols.
9. Conducts self responsibly and ethically, comes to work in a timely manner, and maintains appropriate therapist-patient relationships.
10. Completes all paperwork and documentation in a timely manner.
11. Maintains appropriate contact and communication (e.g., phone, email, progress notes) with caregivers, outside agencies, and schools regarding treatment, development of treatment plans, and goals/objectives.
12. Completes tasks related to the conduct of clinical services.
13. Keeps up to date with research related to cases, and uses findings in an appropriate manner to augment treatment planning.
Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistance
Bending/Stooping – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Climbing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with patients, staff and visitors
Lifting – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Sitting – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Standing – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Walking – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1920 Briarcliff Road, Atlanta, GA 30329
Function: Allied Health – Behavior Health