Company Name: Roundy’s
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Embrace the Customer 1st strategy to create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve sales and profit goals established for the department and monitor and control all established quality assurance standards. Direct, support and supervise all functions, duties and activities for the Bakery department. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates while communicating company, department, and job specific information.
- Collaborate with associates and promote teamwork to help achieve company/store goals.
- Establish performance goals for department and empower associates to meet or exceed targets.
- Develop adequate scheduling to manage customer volume throughout hours of operation.
- Train and develop associates on performance of their job and participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated. Inform customers of bakery specials and recommend bakery items to them to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department.
- Prepare bakery items per customer requests using proper bakery equipment and offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products they inquire about.
- Provide customers with fresh products the correct portion size to prevent shrink.
- Use all equipment in bakery such as the refrigerators, freezers, and ovens according to company guidelines.
- Partner with store management to develop and implement a department business plan to achieve desired results.
- Prepare and submit seasonal critiques for the sales and merchandising supervisor.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads and inform associates of the same.
- Monitor and control expenses for the department.
- Assist store management in preparing the store/department budget, profit and loss reviews, and take appropriate action on all financial reports.
- Schedule routine price changes by updating shelf tags and promotional signs.
- Plan, organize and supervise the inventory process.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines: prepare foods according to cooking instructions; ensure proper temperatures of food, cases and coolers are maintained and recorded.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate personnel of any items in need of repair.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications/Education:
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Current food handlers permit once employed
Desired Previous Job Experience/Education:
- High school education or equivalent
- Bakery experience
- Retail experience
Education Level: Associates Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Pick n Save: At Pick ‘n Save, our values are rooted in the Midwest –we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It’s these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years. Here, you’ll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of a team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WI || Appleton || 2700 N. Ballard Ave. || 54911 || Roundy’s || None || Deli/Bakery || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None