You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Why work with Morrison Healthcare? Imagine belonging to a team that delights in the power of healing and bringing out the best in others. Working in the healthcare food industry is amazing, because you can have a positive impact every day—on medical professionals, patients and visitors. This is so much more than a job. This is an opportunity to change lives—one day at a time. Join us.
Location: E H Retail HSCtr Cafe-PL, 300 Prince Phillip Dr, St. John’s, NL, A1B 3V6
Shift: Full time and Part time – Shifts are 5AM-1PM and can range from weekdays and weekends
Pay rate: $13.90/hr
Food service and baking experience required
Lifting up to 50lbs
Prepares baked goods according to recipes and production specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bake breads, pies, cakes, cookies and other pastries as necessary per the provided production and catering sheets and assist in production planning to meet daily requirements.
- Ensure proper food preparation by utilizing approved recipes, following prescribed production standards and use of proper equipment.
- Assist with the completion of production records to include waste tracking, used/unused portions and product shortages and inform supervisor when supplies are low.
- Ensure proper presentation, food quality, portion control and maintenance of proper serving temperatures.
- Maintain sanitation and orderliness of all equipment, supplies and utensils within work area.
- Handle food items appropriately and with all safety regulations in mind during preparation and service.
- Clean equipment and workstation thoroughly before leaving the area for other assignments and keep display equipment clean and free of debris.
- Consistently exhibit the ability to keep up with peak production and service calmly, accurately and efficiently.
- Check to ensure that all food is presented, served and displayed per standards.
- Follow principles of sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment, ensuring corporate and OSHA safety standards are followed.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Bakers? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- Baking experience is an asset.
- Reliability and ability to work flexible hours.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adhere to policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with initiative and with minimal supervision.
- Able to operate effectively as part of a team in a fast paced environment.
Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact PeopleHub@compass-canada.com for further information.