Requisition ID: 240525
Requisition Posting End Date: 11/13/2021
Bechtel is seeking a talented, energetic, ambitious Backend Developer who wants to join our software development team in Reston, VA. As a Developer, you will have the opportunity to be a member of our global software development organization working with state-of-the-art tools and technologies to build the next wave of software applications for our global enterprise. You’ll get the chance to interface with customers, create new products and web and mobile applications, and improve on existing systems and code. The products that you build will touch thousands of users across the globe.
The position offers ample opportunity to “make a difference” and to be an active part of the decision-making process that leads to improvements and positive change across the implementation.
Responsibilities & Technical Skills (Hands-On):
Apply Server-side software development expertise, to design, develop and implement horizontally scalable components with the ability to handle large transaction and query volumes with the following experience:
- Backend – NodeJS, Server-Side Events (SSE)
- API – REST, GraphQL
- Databases – Oracle, SQLServer, PostgreSQL
- No-SQL Databases – MongoDB, CosmosDB
- Additional useful programming languages – Java, Python
- CI/CD experience with:
- Git/TFS, Containers, Ansible
- Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Real-time or near real-time data pipelines
- BPMN 2.0 (Camunda)
- Knowledge of Microservices Architecture
- Knowledge of Design Thinking
- Experience working in short agile release cycles
- Enterprise-grade development best-practices for end-to-end interoperability and integration
- Design with operational requirements, and support challenges in perspective
- Drive technical excellence and implementation of best backend engineering practices. Apply technical understanding of:
- Using modern cloud architectures
- DevSecOps tools, and tool-chaining to achieve end-to-end automation
- Patterns and best-practices for multi-tiered distributed applications, and Multi-Cloud environment
- Information Security, Identity and Access Management
- Develop full-stack applications that are scalable, robust, and thoughtfully designed
- Full software development lifecycle, from design to implementation.
- Ship production code to a large customer base, and will take full ownership of your work, including testing and deployments.
- Collaborate with other software engineers, domain experts, and end-users, to build the right solutions that address our business needs.
- Interface with Software Quality Assurance and deployment teams.
- Participate in design, scoping, implementation, and testing in short agile release cycles
- Grade 25: Master’s/Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering (BE/MCA/BCA) and 5 years of strong software design and development experience and building and administering large-scale distributed applications.
- Grade 26: Master’s/Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering (BE/MCA/BCA) and 9 years of strong software design and development experience and building and administering large-scale distributed applications.
- Strong communication skills.
- Agility and a quick learner.
- Understanding of the Software development lifecycle.
- Good Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Should have a high level of energy working as an individual contributor and as a part of a team.
- Ability to think out of the box and questioning everything.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.