Position: AVP, Talent Acquisition Executive Recruitment Lead
Job Location: New York – NY, Bridgewater – NJ, or Remote – US (Open to Travel)
Role Value Proposition: The Executive Recruitment Leader will lead and drive executive recruitment for the Americas region and US Global Functions. This individual will be responsible for full-cycle recruitment and delivery for positions, and be personally accountable for carrying a small requisition load (AVP and above). In partnership with the Head of Global Talent Acquisition and their peers, s/he will establish a world-class, consultative and value-added practice to ensure the highest quality client and candidate experience. The individual in this role will align his/her strategies with the larger global agenda and deliver the highest level of service by developing resourcing plans and processes with a short- and long-term vision in mind. He/she will work closely with HR business partners to ensure talent acquisition meets business needs and creates and delivers diverse talent who feel strongly engaged in the MetLife culture.
The successful candidate will also assist in the development of systems, processes and best practice guidelines to enhance the overall talent acquisition and onboarding process and maintain excellence in the internal and external candidate experience. He/she will work closely with talent development, ensuring all roles are open and posted, and internal talent is considered as a priority for roles as appropriate. MetLife Talent Acquisition continues to drive its transformation related to the way we approach senior hiring practices globally. This Executive Recruitment Leader has an opportunity to contribute meaningfully as we continue to develop and implement best practices and processes.
• Ensure that the strategic direction of MetLife’s executive recruiting platform is based on a thorough understanding of the company’s overall strategy, operations, business objectives and workforce plans.
• Partner with the Global Talent Acquisition, HR Business Partners, Workforce Analytics teams and line executives to craft an inclusive and proactive operating model and ensure that this expanded model is incorporated into the executive recruitment process.
• Implement a metrics-driven process for balancing internal and external talent supply and demand, allowing the organization to react quickly and thoughtfully when positions are available. Measure key hiring parameters, such as operations (recruiter loading), efficiency (time-to-fill, cost-per-hire), and quality (performance of new hires).
• Be a ‘talent scout’, proactively build and cultivate an internal/external network of the “best and brightest” within the appropriate talent universe relevant to vertical lines of business and/or corporate functions.
• Coach, develop and inspire a team of recruiters, modelling outstanding practitioner competencies from front-end client consultations to devising the right sourcing and recruitment strategies to driving searches to successful completion.
• Deliver a seamless, enterprise-wide go-to-market strategy that will be applicable across all of the MetLife business units.
• Monitor external trends that may impact access to talent and develop leading edge capabilities to source, attract and select the best talent.
• Bring the skills and mind-set for ‘continuous process improvement’ to ensure all executive recruitment practices are at the highest level of quality.
Essential business experience and technical skills:
• Minimum of 15 years of experience in talent acquisition and HR management experience with demonstrated success in developing, driving and executing senior-level talent sourcing and acquisition strategies.
• Experience in an international context with a track record of successful selection at senior management levels. Previous roles in global insurance or financial services businesses is an advantage.
• Experience managing direct market research and recruitment as well as the relationships with external recruitment partners.
• Strong planning and project management skills of the end-to-end search process in a matrix organization, working in collaboration with HR and line management.
• Culturally sensitive, client and candidate focused with experience in local/global projects, i.e., managing multiple stakeholders and delivering initiatives that work across multiple geographies.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; master’s degree in HR discipline preferred.
• Thinks Strategically – Sets direction aligned to the company’s strategy, applying external and global perspective to meet local and global needs.
• Motivates People – Gains people commitment to achieve business objectives through clear communication of the company’s vision and flexing leadership styles to inspire high performance.
• Creates Partnerships – Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across global, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
• Models our Values – Creates a culture that promotes the company’s values and standards through role modeling, accountability and ownership of decisions.
• Focuses on Customers – Promotes customer centricity and ensures focus on creating great customer experiences to achieve competitive advantage.
• Drives Results – Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
• Reports to: Global Head of Talent Acquisition
• Direct reports/team: 2-3 directs; project oversight of Executive Recruiting Coordinators on search by search basis
• Key Stakeholders: Head of Global Talent Acquisition; Talent Acquisition team; HRBPs supporting client teams
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world. Visit us at www.metlife.com to learn more about our brand, history, and values.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Employee Relations Department at 1-877-843-3711.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 118968