Requisition Number: 41822
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
Purpose of Position.
Responsible for the operation and maintenance of manufacturing automated equipment. Also performs a variety of other technical duties including experimental procedures, collection and analysis of automated equipment process data and active participation in improvement projects to sustain and improve OEE levels and other engineering key metrics
Mention the major responsibilities and tasks of the position.
- Operates, maintains and improves automated equipment
- Troubleshoots process and mechanical problems on automated equipment
- Identifies root cause of problems related to automated equipment and implement preventive actions
- Disassembles equipment as required to repair defective mechanical or electrical parts
- Completes all preventive maintenance included in the maintenance program
- Completes all equipment calibration requirements
- Takes initiative outside of the preventive maintenance schedule to prevent problems
- Keeps the automated equipment organized, clean and safe
- Uses equipment and process expertise to maintain quality standads
- Trains and coaches new engineering automation technicians on automated equipment
- Interprets data from process(es) to solve problems
- Works with engineers to develop, validate and implement new equipment
- Identify and communicate improvement opportunities to improve equipment OEE
- Works on equipment projects to reduce costs, downtime and/or defects to increase OEE
- May be asked to write process or equipment documentation
Minimum Knowledge and Skill Requirements.
- Technical/Bachelor’s degree in the electronics, electromechanical or mechatronic field
B. Work Experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience operating and maintaining automated equipment in a manufacturing environment
C. Additional Skills.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read and follow electrical schematics and diagrams
- Experience with measuring equipment such as multi-meter, oscilloscope, thermometer, etc.
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong math skills
- Logical thinking
- Effective communication skills
- Technical English
- High levels of responsibility
- PLC basic understanding
- MS Office
- Technical writing
- Excellent troubleshooting skills at a module and system level
- Demonstrate professionalism, initiative, attention to detail, and willingness to learn
- Experience with logical sensing devices
- Experience with vision systems