Posting End Date:
***This position may be filled in The Woodlands TX, New Orleans LA, or Jackson MS. Other locations within Entergy’s service territory may be considered***
The Sr Staff role will involve establishing strategic relationships across the business to proactively manage risks, improve internal controls, and drive value added outcomes that align with Entergy’s vision and mission, including through the planning and execution of audit and consulting projects.
- Perform internal audits by conducting thorough fieldwork, preparing work papers in accordance with departmental and IIA standards, identifying findings, related exposures, business risk/implications and areas of potential operational improvements.
- Assist in preparation of formal written reports, expressing opinions on the processes subject to audit, and clearly documenting findings and recommendations of corrective actions.
- Provide control consulting for business processes and supporting systems.
- Perform testing of controls to assess operating effectiveness of internal controls.
- Participate in risk assessments to identify risks and opportunities designed to improve business processes and information systems across the Company.
- Maintain customer relationships across the business in order to identify sources of risk or areas for improvement.
- Discuss audit findings with operating personnel to verify facts and obtains background information not available in the documentation examined. Present value-added suggestions for resolution of audit findings.
- Help support Internal Audit applications and tools. Support query development and data analytics for audit efforts.
Minimum education required of the position:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or related field and 8+ years of experience in accounting, auditing, or financial processes is required OR in lieu of a degree 12+ years of experience in accounting, auditing, or financial processes is required.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position:
Requires experience with IIA audit standards and best practices, GAAP, support of SOX 404 control program, COSO framework, and SSAE 18 SOC reports.
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required of the position:
CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE, CISSP, or other professional designations are a plus
Primary Location: Louisiana–New Orleans
Job Function: Professional
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: No Relocation Offered
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 105221
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the full statement.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.