Posting End Date:
***This position may be filled in The Woodlands TX, New Orleans LA, or Jackson MS. Other locations within Entergy’s service territory may be considered***
***This position will be filled as a Lead or Sr Lead depending on the candidate’s qualifications and experience***
Entergy Corporation is an integrated energy company engaged primarily in electric power production and retail distribution operations. Entergy owns and operates power plants with approximately 30,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity, including 8,000 megawatts of nuclear power. Entergy delivers electricity to 2.9 million utility customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Texas. Tracing its history to 1913 and headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, Entergy has annual revenues of $11 billion and more than 13,000 employees.
The company’s utility business provides electric retail and wholesale power to customers in four states through five utility operating companies: Entergy Arkansas, LLC; Entergy Louisiana, LLC; Entergy Mississippi, LLC; Entergy New Orleans, LLC; and Entergy Texas, Inc. Entergy also delivers natural gas services to 200,000 customers in New Orleans and parts of Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Entergy is winding down its wholesale generation business, which provides power to wholesale customers primarily from our two remaining nuclear facilities located in the northern United States.
The electric utility industry is rapidly changing, and Entergy is entering an exciting period of growth as we prepare for the future. We are building the premier utility, a utility that delivers sustainable value to all its stakeholders – our customers, employees, communities, and owners – as measured by strong net promoter scores, high levels of service, superior and affordable products and services, highly skilled and engaged employees, and industry-leading financial performance. We are focusing our sights on three key priorities – customer centricity, continuous improvement, and creating a culture of belonging for our employees. Join us as we take the next step on our journey to building the premier utility.
This role will involve establishing strategic relationships across the business to proactively manage risks, improve internal controls, and drive value added outcomes that align with Entergy’s vision and mission, including through the planning and execution of audit and consulting projects.
- Participates in risk assessments to identify risks and opportunities designed to improve business processes and information systems across the Company. Maintains customer relationships with members of Entergy’s management team to identify sources of risk or areas for improvement.
- Performs internal audits by conducting thorough fieldwork, preparing work papers in accordance with departmental and IIA standards, identifying and documenting findings, related exposures, business risk/implications and areas of potential operational improvements.
- Discusses audit findings with operating personnel to verify facts and obtains background information not available in the documentation examined. Presents value-added suggestions for resolution of audit findings.
- Assists in preparation of formal written reports, expressing opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and the efficiency with which activities are carried out, including findings and recommendations of corrective actions for deficiencies.
- Performs testing of SOX 404 controls to assess internal controls over financial reporting and other financial aspects of the Company.
- Help support Internal Audit applications and tools.
- Help support queries development and data analytics for audit efforts.
Minimum education required of the position:
- Auditor Lead: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Computer Science or related field and 5+ years of experience in accounting, auditing, or financial processes is required OR in lieu of a degree 9+ years of experience in accounting, auditing, or financial processes is required.
- Auditor Sr Lead: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Computer Science or related field and 6+ years of experience in accounting, auditing, or financial processes is required OR in lieu of a degree 10+ years of experience in accounting, auditing, or financial processes is required.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position:
Knowledge of IIA audit standards and best practices, ERM, Sarbanes-Oxley 404 control program, and COSO framework, CoBit or other leading control frameworks.
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required of the position:
CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE, CISSP, or other professional designations are a plus
Primary Location: Louisiana–New Orleans
Job Function: Professional
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: No Relocation Offered
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 105220
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the full statement.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.